tc helicon voice tone c1

Started by bruno, January 02, 2021, 10:17:29 AM

bruno

So does anyone have any experience of this device? Is it any good?

https://www.gak.co.uk/en/tc-helicon-voicetone-c1/44650

I want something to correct pitch for harmonies on the way in? This thing looks easy to do in DAWS - less so on the BR1600. I know that the BR1600 has this built in, however it never did work that well in my experience???

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Flash Harry

Hmmm.. yeah..

I'm not convinced, it's good for fattening up a vocal in a live situation, but the effects, pitch and harmonies can sound a bit robotic.

I'd try before I'd buy.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

64Guitars

Quote from: bruno on January 02, 2021, 10:17:29 AMI want something to correct pitch for harmonies on the way in?

I wonder if "on the way in" is the best place to do pitch correction. It seems to me that there might be a clash between what you're singing and what's coming back from the pitch corrector, and hearing both at the same time could be distracting. So it might be better to record your vocals without pitch correction first, then apply pitch correction to the recorded track to tune it up. Also, I don't imagine that any pitch corrector gets it right 100% of the time. If it throws in a few glitches while you're recording, then you'll have to record your vocal again. But if you record your vocal without pitch correction, then you can keep re-applying the pitch correction to that raw track until you get the result you want.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: 64Guitars on January 02, 2021, 03:54:39 PM
Quote from: bruno on January 02, 2021, 10:17:29 AMI want something to correct pitch for harmonies on the way in?

I wonder if "on the way in" is the best place to do pitch correction. It seems to me that there might be a clash between what you're singing and what's coming back from the pitch corrector, and hearing both at the same time could be distracting. So it might be better to record your vocals without pitch correction first, then apply pitch correction to the recorded track to tune it up. Also, I don't imagine that any pitch corrector gets it right 100% of the time. If it throws in a few glitches while you're recording, then you'll have to record your vocal again. But if you record your vocal without pitch correction, then you can keep re-applying the pitch correction to that raw track until you get the result you want.

I agree that after the fact is the best way to go. My son uses a T.C.H. C1 in his home studio. He uses it on the way in and gets decent results. Now and then I use a T.C. Voice Correct and it works alright most times but once in a while it does some weird things to my vocal.   
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

TPB

I use the vocalist 5 and have been very pleased with the unit use it both for recording and live before covid put a end to live crowds. Use the unit on the acoustic sets and it very natural sound as long as you are playing the guitar through it as the pitch correction is tied to the guitar chords.  You can set it up to be a stand alone and punch the key into the unit but it does sound better with the chord progression going through it
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away