"Double Whiskey Night"

Started by SteveAlton, December 30, 2020, 08:35:49 PM

SteveAlton

%22Double Whiskey Night%22
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hey all.......This has gone through probably 20 different revisions....I think it's just about done, but I want all thoughts...

"Double Whiskey Night"

The beauty across the bar sends this Cuervo Gold
Phone number in lipstick, red, & bold
I wave the drink away push her number to the side
No tequila or beer today

A Double Whiskey Night
Chased with tears I cry
Drowning thoughts of love that's died
A Double Whiskey Night
A toast to love that's blind
Remembering' when her heart was mine
A Double Whiskey Night

Kaylee's with a new guy throwing' darts & shooting' pool
Slow dancing, swaying to the groove
So damn easy for her to leave this boy behind 
Trading Tennessee whiskey for California wine

A Double Whiskey Night
Chased with tears I cry
A Double Whiskey Night
A Double Whiskey Night

I feel a hand in mine lead me down to the dance room floor
Kaylee's eyes meet mine while dancing with her guy
The beauty asks can I buy you another pour?

A Double Whiskey Night
Chased with tears I cry
A Double Whiskey Night

A Double Whiskey Night
Chased with tears I cry
A Double Whiskey Night
A Double Whiskey Night
A Double Whiskey Night
A Double Whiskey Night

TPB

Very nice love the lyrics trading Tennessee whiskey for California wine is great  little pedal steel and this would be a hit well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

WarpCanada

Vocals : GREAT.   Lyrics:  Really good! 

The guitar is good, but like above, having a pedal steel or mandolin, or even a Jason Isbell style loud-electric-country lead guitar part with some tasteful bends would be great.

The title is a great hook, but the best line is the California/Tennesee thing, I am a sucker for those lines, and they are SO frequently done in radio-friendly country that I gotta say this one is rarin' to go for Country Radio.

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

StephenM

I think I would go for the DD instead of the double whiskey...no sense crying over someone who don't want you!!! lol....
great song...really nice bass and guitar...good theme...you sing well....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SteveAlton

Quote from: WarpCanada on December 31, 2020, 06:06:02 PMVocals : GREAT.   Lyrics:  Really good! 

The guitar is good, but like above, having a pedal steel or mandolin, or even a Jason Isbell style loud-electric-country lead guitar part with some tasteful bends would be great.

The title is a great hook, but the best line is the California/Tennesee thing, I am a sucker for those lines, and they are SO frequently done in radio-friendly country that I gotta say this one is rarin' to go for Country Radio.

Hi Warp...I appreciate the listen & the good word...

Quote from: TPB on December 31, 2020, 01:07:57 PMVery nice love the lyrics trading Tennessee whiskey for California wine is great  little pedal steel and this would be a hit well done
Tim

Thanks Tim...Yeah that line was meant for this song...Funny how you can have a line in a tune for weeks & it is "okay" & 'workable" & just like that a line like this pops into your head seemingly out of nowhere...

SteveAlton

Quote from: StephenM on December 31, 2020, 06:27:19 PMI think I would go for the DD instead of the double whiskey...no sense crying over someone who don't want you!!! lol....
great song...really nice bass and guitar...good theme...you sing well....

Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the listen & the comments...I appreciate you taking the time to comment & listen

Redler

Fine songwriting and performance with sweet sounding guitar! Enjoyable listening!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Could have sworn I'd already commented on this. I must be going senile.

I'm a closet country fan, and this feels just 'country' enough to be country but with an added pop appeal. It's a superb piece of songwriting with a stellar performance delivering it. It deserves to be a hit.

Blooby

Super strong vocal...really (phew). Such a strong tune, and I applaud you for having the patience to let it unfold through its incarnations to come to this (would love to hear an early arrangement).

Great post.

Blooby