I Harmonise You - Jacob Collier

Started by bruno, December 30, 2020, 04:43:50 AM

bruno

I friggin' love this.

So he's a musical savant - he just hears crazy shit. People send him little melodies and he harmonises them. He's so fast on Logic that its crazy, its well worth a watch, just to see what he's doing and to get ideas. The end result is this - first unharmonised, and then his take....

Perhaps we should do some of this :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN1QQI-npbc

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

bruno

I just spoke to my brother on Jacob - he's from Muswell Hill he thinks (he's a north London boy, init, anyway). His mum (who plays at the end of the video) taught my Brother violin when he was at the Royal Academy - so small world.
He says that Jacob is well grounded, can present complex ideas in a simple way (watch the real time, how he records these tracks) and totally loves music. So all rather cool.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

He is toward the end of a 3 or 4 album cycle that covers a lot of ground. Incredible bass and piano player as well as playing a multitude of other instruments. In addition to his otherworldly harmonic sense, he has gone down the rhythmic rabbit hole as well.  Mad respect.

Farrell Jackson

He is a very good musician and has a great sense (training) of harmonization. Incredible!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Jean Pierre

he's a strong guy ..he should sing "for the longuest time" by Billy Joel, something I would have liked to do but too hard for my little voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_XgQhMPeEQ   ;)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

pjd1

Clever stuff indeed , unique idea must be a clever chap to put all that music in time and harmony , liked it very much

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

WarpCanada

Jacob Collier is a very interesting dude, musically deep, and a likeable human.  I am a big fan.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Jean Pierre

what a discovery!...new listening on YT...what a talent and what simplicity ...immense respect ...boy to follow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVHyuhsAles
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Farrell Jackson

This guy still amazes me. It's difficult what he adds to people's simple melodies and he makes it sound like his additions were part of the song all along.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?