How to introduce new item in "message Icon"?

Started by Jean Pierre, December 29, 2020, 11:54:05 PM

Jean Pierre

is it possible to introduce other items in "message icon"?
for example I searched for "Blues"; "Rolling Stones" (there is Beatles...)
 "world music"

must apply to the administrators or can be done by oneself.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

64Guitars

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on December 29, 2020, 11:54:05 PMis it possible to introduce other items in "message icon"?

must apply to the administrators or can be done by oneself.
As I said before, "No, it's not possible for regular members to create new message icons. Only admins can add new icons".

We can add new message icons but only if there's a good reason for it. We currently have 200 message icons, most of which are for festivals. Adding more icons will make the list even harder to manage than it already is, so I don't want to add a bunch of trivial icons. But if anyone has an idea for a new icon that will be useful to everyone, we're happy to consider adding it.

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on December 29, 2020, 11:54:05 PMfor example I searched for "Blues";  "world music"
I'm not sure how useful it would be to have an icon for each genre of music. Most people don't like to pigeonhole their music into a specific genre. Anyway, it would be very hard to find images that suggest each genre. What would the images for blues and world music look like, for example?

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on December 29, 2020, 11:54:05 PM"Rolling Stones" (there is Beatles...)
We won't add message icons for specific artists or bands. There are far too many. The reason we have one for The Beatles is because we attempted to create covers of entire albums by The Beatles. So the message icon could be used to mark a Beatles song for the album jukeboxes. It's unlikely that we'll do something like that for any other artist or band. If we did, it would probably be in the form of a festival, so there'd be a specific message icon for that fest, as there always is for each fest.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Jean Pierre

I understand all your reasons are the good one,
I didn't remember that i ask you before this question (beginning Alzheimer but still teenager  )

=~~~have a good end of the year dear 64 guitar *=) *=) =(:) =oO1 =oO2

Once again, on behalf of all of us, thank you for your incredible work on this site.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo