Humorous Rant: Solo Effort Band Names.

Started by WarpCanada, December 29, 2020, 12:54:41 AM

WarpCanada

So I'm a fan of the "group" The Mountain Goats, which for many years, and for many performances is really one guy, John Darnielle.

I want to write songs that are not so much LIKE his, but which have the power and heft of his songs.  I also want a cool band name for my one man band vanity project.

Every time I think surely nobody has a band named X, I google it, and often there's more than one.  Here are some Band Names I have googled recently. Most are metal or noise-core or industrial, or other things that I find unlistenable.

Band Name Ideas:

Qoheleth  (an alternative name for the book of Ecclesiastes in the Bible the word Qoheleth means The Preacher).  I was particularly unhappy with how many Qoheleths there are.

Felix Culpa (oh happy fault, latin, from a part of the Catholic easter liturgy that talks about the happy fault, the necessary sin of Adam, that lead to mankind receiving a redeemer.) I like how the thought is at once a bit orthodox and a bit subversive sounding.

Belteshazar (The babylonian name given to Daniel, of the biblical book of Daniel).

Anyways, so much for all that nonsense.

Now I'm thinking I'll do something more like CHVRCHES.  Take a simple word and alter the spelling.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada