Too much GAS

Started by bruno, December 28, 2020, 04:36:05 AM

bruno

So - I've had the cash stashed away for a while to buy something guitar wise, however I don't really "need" anything.

I have therefore been looking for a bargain - to maximize bang for buck, and all that. However, there is a complete lack of anything to buy - anything that looks good is not in a sale, or out of stock or both. Damn!

Questions are like should I buy an Strymon El Cap, or a Wample Equator, or a Wampler Dracarys or are the great delays in the Kemper perfect and current distortion boxes more than enough. This really doesn't help my urge to scratch the GAS itch!

However, this popped up today

https://www.thomann.de/gb/j._rockett_audio_designs_ape_preamp_boost.htm

Not on sale, but £60 cheaper than everywhere else - so have ordered. It will  probably get stuck in France - but hey-ho, I can wait.

It looks like an intreguing pedal, we shall see :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmcCNZpaDBY

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Blooby

The Afterneath V3 in that same video calls me.

WarpCanada

Earthquaker devices pedals are definitely on my GAS list.

The J. Rockett Audio Designs APE Preamp / Boost does look good.  I am currently using a cheapo Behringer Fuzz that has a clean boost mode. (Fuzz A, Fuzz B, and a fuzz-OFF clean boost only position, on a switch).

That clean boost going into my 5W 12AX7 preamp is wonderful.   What I can't wait to try is to have a clean boost into my Fender Evil Twin. It's been out for repair now for months, awaiting now, at last check, a choke coil to ship from California to my Amp Tech in Canada.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

bruno

Quote from: Blooby on December 28, 2020, 04:22:25 PMThe Afterneath V3 in that same video calls me.

That the trouble with pedals, they all shout buy me. :-) They seem to go for silly money these days as well.
I will report back when it arrives... I think the clean boost will be interesting into the Kemper.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Greeny

It seems like pedal GAS just gets worse and worse. I've 'completed' my pedal board, but still hanker after all kinds of upgrades and alternatives. There is always something that catches the eye or the ear.

Farrell Jackson

Some cool pedals Bruno! Like you, these days I question whether or not I need some new musical gear or not. I ask myself if I already have something that does what I'm looking for. The answer is mostly yes I do but I still feel the G.A.S. building up, lol.  I need a good delay/reverb pedal, a new guitar and on and on........it's a curse but nothing new yet. I look forward to your review of the new preamp boost pedal.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?