Trying out my new home-made cigar box guitar

Started by Greeny, December 24, 2020, 12:39:12 PM

Greeny

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=8QpZx7iX88k

Trying to distract myself from a lockdown Christmas clusterfuck, I decided to build a 3 string cigar box guitar. I used a 1967 (birth year) license plate I bought in a NC scrapyard nearly 20 years ago. There is a cheap piezo Velcro'd underneath it. I spray painted the wood then relic'd it. The frets are drawn on - it's totally fretless.

pjd1

I have a 3 string cigarbox guitar , my father made it for me , cant play it like you though!! love the slide stuff you have got going on there , i find slide really hard to play due to the accuracy over the fret board , you make it sound easy !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Lurker

I enjoyed that. At about 3 minutes, I threw my head back and made a nonverbal vocalization.

Cool. Really cool.

Vanncad

Hey Greeny - If I were marking you on this post, it would be as follows:

Making your own cigar box guitar = 25%
Drawing the fret lines in = 25%
Playing a wicked Open "G" slide guitar = 25%
Wearing a Cult "Sonic Temple" t-shirt while doing it = 25%

Looks like you scored a perfect 100% brother - well done!!

- Vann
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Oldrottenhead

fuck off! absolutely brilliant. i want the root file to wail over.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

kenny mac

Farrell Jackson

Real cool set and slide playing Tim! I've thought about building one of those myself but you actually did it....Bravo man!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Flash Harry

Rather brilliant.

It's not what you have, it's what you do with it that counts.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Pine

hey Tim...i'm lovin' this! Just getting into CBG's myself. 3 stringers are fun. Just bought one (cop out) as well as a 4 string resonator CBG. Now i just gotta learn how to play 'em as well as you! Good post man..enjoyed it  8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Jean Pierre

it's a great result... how did you do the sleeve?

...my daughter also has a cigar box that she had made by a luthier, with 4 strings ...I don't know Greeny if you saw the video, just 2 years ago for Christmas 2018, the song Soul of man was just on the 5 strings banjo and the cigar box
https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=28515
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo