McCartney III

Started by Johnbee, December 23, 2020, 07:18:15 PM

Johnbee

Any thoughts on Sir Paul's latest effort?  So far I've listened to 2 tracks.  "Find My Way" and "Deep, Deep Feeling".  He still has a lot to give musically.  It's great to know he's still with us at the ripe old age of 78.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5rnlPK0vjk

:) John B.

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ray Brookes

I've heard a few tracks of his latest album and though his voice is not as it was, he is still a creative genius. I was too young to ever see the Beatles live but I did go to a McCartney/Wings concert in 1973 in B'ham England. Probably the best concert I ever went to. 
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

I listened to the entire album and it does sound like Macca. Although his voice has taken on the tones of an older singer, he still has good control and can still sing those lush melodies and harmonies. I wish I could sing that good. The thing I like most about the whole album is that, although it is very professionally done, you can still tell that it was recorded at Paul's home studio, just listen closely to the ending of his songs.....He's doing the same as the rest of us....just having fun during the rockdown  (Paul's word), lol.
I'm going to purchase it.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hook

Under my tree, I'll get it tomorrow and cant wait. Haven't listened to anything yet. More tomorrow.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Johnny McAleer

A living legend if ever there was one. True, his voice has lost a little of it's timbre over time but 40 fags a day and countless rum & cokes were always going to take their toll ;) I shall be listening over the holidays too. Enjoy  :)
"Take music, family and friends: stir gently and serve chilled" - J Mc

pjd1

Still after all these years of listening to his music , he comes up with some new and interesting stuff , have not heard this new album yet but i will do , got all his early music McCartney, Ram , Red rose speedway etc , My uncle who is 79 use to go and see the beatles in the 60,s , round were i live know Litherland town hall , places in the north of the city , when he speaks he actually speaks n sounds like Macca , strange but it must have been in the accent in that era , Talented fellow Sir Paul and at 78 there is headroom for all of us who aspire to create music , and enjoy the challenges

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Johnny McAleer

Small world. I went to school in Crosby and my mum's family all hail from Litherland/Bootle.
"Take music, family and friends: stir gently and serve chilled" - J Mc

Johnbee

I like the maturity in not just his voice but the entire feel behind his songs on this.  "Find My Way" is my favorite because he lets it all hang out, even the little "clinkers" in his voice because he's been through it all.  He's saying "At 78 years old, I'm not afraid because what I've seen in my life has brought me to this point in my life where I can face anything".  That's how I read it anyway.  It takes a maturity that only a person who's been through what he has been through can say.

I'm very proud of him, like I've never been before.

:) JB

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Hook

Surprise surprise, I love this album! It just sounds like Macca is having fun and we are the better for it. I should say I am an unabashed fan and have most of his albums; beatles, wings and solo. I am thrilled to have this trilogy on vinyl and personally enjoy all 3. This new one fits right in.
While 2 of the songs do run too long (Deep Deep Feeling and Deep Down) they are still good songs, a producer probably would have reigned him in I think it sounds like hes having a good time.
Side A is excellent, Find My Way is probably the weakest tune on the side but I dig it. Really like Pretty Boys and Women & Wives. Lavatory Lil is also cool, what I think he wanted Temporary Secretary to be...maybe.
Side B also quite strong. His voice is probably the weakest on Kiss of Venus but I dig the fragileness of aged voice. Hell, he's pushing 80 and his out put is this fucking good. I usually think at some point old rock stars should hang it up...Mick Jagged, David Lee Roth, etc but I'm gald Paul didn't. Seize the Day is a wonderful song and I think the closer When Winter Comes is up there with his best.
My favorite solo album of his is Chaos And Creation In The Backyard (my local record store has it on Vinyl...it will be mine) and while this might not be as good as that one it's in his top 3 for me. I liked Egypt Station but I love 3.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Greeny

Been giving this a proper, deep listen. His voice is ragged and old (and often disguised), but these are good songs. They do sound like Songcrafter home productions, but I like that. I really like 'Find My Way' and 'Deep Deep Feeling'.

I like how he doesn't do 'obvious' on his solo stuff - it's often feels quite experimental. Or completely stripped back to basics. 

What a legend.