R.I.P. Leslie West

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, December 23, 2020, 04:03:50 PM

Just read on Facebook that Leslie West has passed. Another legend lost to us this year. Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

64Guitars

Leslie West
October 22, 1945 – December 23, 2020
R.I.P.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/leslie-west-dead-1106777/

Very sad news. I was a big fan. I saw Mountain in 1970 and it was an amazing concert. A brilliant guitarist.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Farrell Jackson

RIP Leslie West...the 70's cover band I was in at the time played Mississippi Queen many, many times. Thanks for the song maestro...it has and will live on for many years!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Johnbee

Again, very sad.  :'(  That makes three this month with Charlie Pride and Chad Stuart.

John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Mike_S

Yes this is sad. I did like Mountain and what a great voice he had. I loved Theme from an Imaginary Western when I first heard it and still love it.

R.I.P Leslie
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Frank53

Was a big Mountain fan back in the early 70s. I still have my cover of 'Nantucket Sleighride' in my jukebox here. West had a great combination of power and tastefulness. Just never took care of his health until damage had been done. Saw an interview with him from the 90s, where he talked about how he ignored his diabetes diagnosis until losing his leg to the disease. RIP Leslie.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.