"Girl Walking Down My Street" w/Lurker

Started by Blooby, December 21, 2020, 08:10:47 PM

Ted

Nice!

I was just thinking today about how many pop songs can be imagined as stalker themes.

Downloaded. To the piPod. Will stalk again when it pops up in my new music playlist.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

chapperz66

Love this.  I can feel another restraining order coming on.

Great song and I love the changes in dynamics.  Very well produced.

Paul

pjd1

Yes Loved it , everyone must have gone through same feeling somewhere along the line , you have put a lot of great ear catching riffs in your music , which all blends in perfectly and keeps the pot simmering , great stuff

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Bluesberry

Great rocker, very 70's Badfinger power pop deliciousness...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman

Wow, so much to adore here. Love those hard panned chords, the guitar sound really grabs you and the way you bring them in and out of the fuller sound adds great dynamics to the track. I'm also loving the drum sound, so clear and beautifully recorded. The structure of the song is really compelling, the psychedelic section is right up my street (I am a huge sucker for anything reversed), and they way the panned chords, drums and bass come back in is fab. It's a really cool song and you both did a superb job on this. Love it.

Stalker pop? Most rock, blues and pop songs seem to be about "getting the girl" and let's face it, a big reason for any guy joining a band in his youth is to attract the ladies (or maybe the guys). Whether it's still appropriate for old guys to be singing these songs, especially if they are schoolteachers, who knows...... ;) ;D 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pine

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on December 24, 2020, 10:27:44 AMGood music, words and vocals Blooby and Lurker! The intro panning of the guitar back and forth sets the song up nicely. It creates a little suspense of where the song is about to head. The mid break psychedelic section is cool. A good melody and vox Lurker! What amp, effects and guitar are using Blooby? I like it!

Farrell

Just could not have said it all better. Creative and fun. Psychedlic interlude was a hoot! Excellent collab guys!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Blooby

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on December 24, 2020, 10:27:44 AMWhat amp, effects and guitar are using Blooby?

Apologies as I missed this. 

It's a rack mount Pod with a Timmy overdrive pedal in front of it. The delays and reverbs are all plug-ins from Valhalla DSP.

Thanks for listening.

Blooby

Flash Harry

Quote from: Ferryman on January 04, 2021, 02:54:44 AMWhether it's still appropriate for old guys to be singing these songs, especially if they are schoolteachers, who knows...... ;) ;D

whilst not wearing any underwear...

This is fantastic. Just what Nigel said.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.