"Everything Stays The Same" a Hook original

Started by Hook, December 07, 2020, 05:54:37 AM

Hook

Everything Stays The Same
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I pulled out the Irig Acoustic pick up and used the amplitude app to record my Baritone Ukulele. I used ther 3 stompboxes that were free. A body simulator (set on parlour), a 12 string pedal (set quite high) & a graphic Eq I don't know how to use correctly. It's sounds freakishly fake in my opinion and the whole process is a pain in the ass...I'm quite pleased with how and where it took the song though and I do like having the option to record my acoustic instruments directly.
Went all out on this one,rote the riff/progression, produced track & then wrote lyrics. Drums are Drumjam app & sax & organ are my EWI.
1 baritone ukulele (stereo)
1 Drum set-DJ(stereo)
1 Aux percussion-DJ(stereo)
1 A/E bass
1 organ
1 saxophone lead
1 Electric Guitar Lead
Everything Stays The Same
written & performed by Hook
No matter what I do i feel the same
Sadness I can't explain
No matter what I do to numb the pain
Your memory remains
And stays the same

If I could fly just over the horizon
Maybe its like a dream
That I dont have to wake from

No matter what I do i dont seem to change
Ive lost my will to rearrange
And no matter what I do to compensate
Its always late
Everything stays the same

No matter what I do it ends the same
You not there and me in pain
No matter what I do to bridge the gap
My efforts always lack
And everything stays the same

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Greeny

Lots of great stuff here. It builds beautifully from that simple melodic start, and I really like the chord changes and organ parts especially. It's a big song and big performance - especially vocally. Such fine work. Already looped it 3 times.

Ray Brookes

Oh yeah, such a cool track. Laid back accompaniment and a superlative vocal sitting on top there. Lovely instrumentation and gotta love that organ sound.
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

I like all the blended instruments and the huge production on this Hook! A great vocal performance....well done!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

StephenM

wow, really good track Dr. Hook!  You have really pulled some good stuff from your medicine cabinet and used it very well in your show.... I love the riffage and the sounds and percussions..... and your vocals are good...
I can relate to the song.... and I finally just became ok with being crazy ole me....I cannot change what  I am...so now I embrace and own it.... I'm a kangaroo!  lol (there's alot more to this story...)

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

That backer has a laid back island feel good to it then than powerful vocal kicks in with those black dog got a hold of you lyrics ....nice contrast  ....good one hook

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Groundy

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Ferryman

Soulful and intense, this is a great track. I really like the sound of the effected baritone uke - freakishly fake is an effect I quite like to go for! The EWI sounds great, it is so convincing for the accompanying parts and you weave those really well into the track. The vocals are superb, a wonderfully controlled performance and very well recorded as well. This all sounds great, a fantastic song. I like where you took it as well.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Blooby

The prog fan in me loves the journey this takes you on. You have a couple lead licks in there that sounded very Steve Howeish, one of my favorites.