"I Cee U Dee"

Started by hardlock, December 06, 2020, 02:03:50 AM

hardlock

I Cee U Dee
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Little backstory. For many years I always considered songs weak unless they had lots of chords....

Of course that's not the case and less can be more if done right.  This is a personal challenge to start with 2 chords (C & D) and do a jam-band style instrumental just for the fun of it.

Tried to use conversing leads (headphones highly recommended for pan positions) and find different melodies to keep it interesting.  It's no 20 minute concert "song" but hopefully will hold your interest throughout.  ::)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Farrell Jackson

This jam just oozes coolness Hardlock.....it takes me back to some San Francisco concerts I attended in my youth when jamming was king!
Well done with just the two chords!

Farrell

recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Johnny McAleer

Great work and a great track to play along to. Yes, plenty of stuff out there featuring just one or two chords - L&M's "Tomorrow Never Knows" being a prime example of minimal chord usage. Nice one!
"Take music, family and friends: stir gently and serve chilled" - J Mc

Redler

Wow! You're so versatile musician and a big talent! You've amazing skills to create (and perform) fine music. Great jamming. This has even a warm live feel!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ray Brookes

Sometimes less is better as far as chord structure is concerned. Nice cool jam on those two chords and I couldn't help but play along. Cool guitar work too and nicely panned.
Ray Brookes

hardlock

Ah, thanks all for the good words!  If anyone wants, I can post the backing track less leads over on the original backer board.

Jam on!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:

My Collaborations:

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Greeny

You've proved that it's not the number of chords, it's what you do with them. There's a really nice soulful groove with the piano and bass, but the guitars have a really nice Grateful Dead 'trippy' feel to them. Some clever little exotic scales going on. This is a really, really cool jam. Right up my street.

Hook

It's all about what you do with them brother. I enjoyed your jam quite a bit. We had a one cord Festival year or two ago, it was pretty challenging but fun.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

hardlock

Thanks again.  Here's the link to the backing track mix w/o leads: https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=30419
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:

My Collaborations:

Ferryman

Like everyone else says, it's not the number of chords, it's what you do with them. Sometimes technique and complexity can get in the way of musicality and the "groove". So you did a great job, you created a wonderful groove and had enough dynamics in the backer to keep it interesting throughout without loosing that vital groove at any point. The leads are really effective and do work well against each other. It's a really enjoyable track that I have had looping for a while, it created a great mood for me which is personally what I think this kind of music is about. So well done Ken!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR