Jean Pierre

extrait record Harley Banton 12 strings without and with guitar rig 5
Time:
0:00
Volume:
answer to pjd1, and all
to better understand see my cover of Mr Tambourine man in cover

and i just love the guitar sound from you new purchase

As SC is an exchange site about the recording process, I must specify that, certainly the HB RB guitar I have recently is very good, very well finished, ... but the sound of the recording is greatly modified by the Guitar Rig 5 plug ins with the following setting (for those who would like to try it
guitar Amp: Lead 800 preset 800 Clean with the settings for the compressor and the Chorus that you can see in the pictures

I joined in MP3 the two guitar takes of the intro WITHOUT Guitar Rig (just the guitar sound in pride DI) and then WITH Guitar Rig
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Hi, you certainly get a great sound out of your 12 string and as you may I have a Rickenbacker 12 but it is quite difficult to get a real McGuinn sound. I read somewhere that he modified his by having a treble booster built into the guitar and when recording the engineer greatly compressed the sound which gave him more sustain. Also, Rickenbacker string their 12 string guitars back to front i.e. the heavier string gets plucked first which is different from most manufacturers. Anyway I love the sound of yours, enjoy.
Stay safe Willie

recorder
Boss BR-800

Jean Pierre

thanks for his very interesting technical details Willie...I'm well aware that my 12 strings rendering is an approximation of Roger McGuinn's one...I'm not fooled...but we all do as we can with our little means...otherwise of course my name would be...Roger MCGuinn ;)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Jean Pierre

BUMP for UP DATE

desert gobi said about the rickenbacker 12 str sound of Roger Mc Guin

Quotei son McGuinn. J'ai lu quelque part qu'il modifiait le sien en ayant un booster d'aigus intégré à la guitare et lors de l'enregistrement, l'ingénieur comprimait fortement le son, ce qui lui donnait plus de sustain

et par hasard sur you tube j'ai découvert cette video interessante en cherchant "Roger Mc Guinn sound"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3NdxTeRQBQ

comme je trouve mon son , comme décrit , avec Guitar Rig un peu trop "excessif, caricatural"; je vais essayer cette methode avec é compresseur CLA 2 A Wave et une Abbey Road Plate revrb Wave

..je posterai dans quelques jours le résultat

Ted

Here is a song with Paul McCartney on bass, and McGuinn on guitar. I think McGuinn is buried a bit in the mix, but the sound is distinctive if you listen closely.

It almost sounds like the producer was gaga over recording McCartney, and McGuinn was an afterthought. This would be an amazing song to cover and pump up the guitar the way it should be. (I'll do the bass, if someone is interested.)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac