"Float"

Started by Blooby, May 31, 2009, 04:51:02 PM

Pine

Man ..glad i didn't miss this. I simply loved it! Never heard the Leslie patch and it seems made for rhythm on this little gem. Your lead playing definitely gave me glimpses of Jeff Beck's "Blow by Blow" album (my alltime fav of his) and toward the end, your riffage takes on a Jerry Garcia feel...wandering...but never lost. The Dead's calling card! Great late night jam!!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bluesberry

Yes sir that is free playing.  You are not locked into any one "box" or style, just letting the music flow free, and what great playing.  It is very hard to play like this and make it sound as good as this.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oldrottenhead

wow, i think some people said i hope your tooth gets better, mmmmmmmmm i dont want you turning into an alcoholic on my behalf either, but if rum n toothache = inspiration like this.................

magic........................
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Satchwood

Nice and Smooth soloing Blooby - I really enjoyed listening!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

StephenM

This is just so sweet.  It's like Eric Johnson and some of the Allman guitarist's (can't never figure out who is who there) were rematerialized together after transport....
It's hard to imagine this sounded this good back in those days.  Did they even have computers then?  LOL.... oh wait.  it wasn't the 70's but it almost could sound like it...on steroids that is.

the merged file is 7:04 of Blooby goodness...one second between...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

AndyR

Decided to listen to this one first as it was linked :)

Yeah I can hear some Duanne and Dickey here - in fact, listening, you've just solved something for me about "how did they do that?"

But also, there's the occasional "oops I took the Duanne & Dickey restraint off" and there's a flurry of notes.

Anyways, oh yes, VERY yum.

Off to Float II now...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb