"Float"

Started by Blooby, May 31, 2009, 04:51:02 PM

Blooby

Float
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I believe the story behind this one is I couldn't sleep, so I recorded something late night.  One pass with the Leslie guitar and one more with the lead (both through a Pocket Pod).  I think I used an older drum machine I had lying about to set up the repeating bass line and rhythm.  But as a buddy of mine often states, I "have the memory of a salad."

I was going to plop this in collaborations as I think it could use some sustained B3 or keyboard pads over the top.  Then I thought it was too simple harmonically for somebody to have a go.  If anybody feels inspired to muck with it, I would love it.

I needed to post something a little "purer" after posting the "Gloom Metal" thingy and butchering oldrottenhead's ambient offering.

As an aside, I am getting blotto on rum due to a toothache.  I hope I didn't post this tune previously.

Cheers.

Blooby

OsCKilO

Oh Blooby!

This is great!

The way you have the instruments arranged makes it sound like you have a small choir with you!

Tasteful reverb which I love (and that's Osckilo talking!!!!! ), only passable because your playing is so great!

And there is so much to this......  A Soundscape of sorts!!!!!

You filled it all up!!!!

I don't know how you wanted it to sound..... But I think it sounds great! 

Peace Blooby

Nice to see you back on the main board!

T(Osckilo)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

launched

Jeez, this is fresh! Not trying to compare, but I get a fusion of Garcia/Betts/Howe rolled into one. Clean and precise with a litle dirt.

One of the best talents here - Not in my opinion, it just is!! :D

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Bosko Schwartz

A fine Blooby self-made jam!  Seems like even your originals are jams!  You are one improvisational powerhouse.  I wish I could do this sort of thing, Blooby, but I don't have the skills.  I have to mentally plan out every single note meticulously.  I am envious.  Your way is not only cooler than mine, but damned faster too!  You can get 20 songs like this done in the time it takes me to do 1.  I especially like the effect-heavy rhythm guitar panned slightly left.  But of course the lead is solid as a MF-ing rock too!

Great work, man!!! ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Jonesy

Great stuff.  I saw this Jeff Beck at Ronnie Scott's recently on the BBC and your song here reminds me of something off that.  Good vibes!

Jonesy
"If love is the light, shine a little light down on me..."

The Reverend 48

Hope your toothache  gets better...I love the airy light feel of this..Well Done

Blooby

Thank you, all, for your kind words.  Being likened to Jerry, Dickey, Steve, and Jeff is a grand way to start a day on the rock pile.

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on May 31, 2009, 11:36:09 PMI wish I could do this sort of thing, Blooby, but I don't have the skills.  I have to mentally plan out every single note meticulously.  I am envious.

Don't let my attention deficit disorder be misconstrued as something else.  While I certainly love improvisational music, it seems I lack the discipline required to craft a great tune like those you, Hooper, Greeny and many others regularly post.  It is I who am envious.

Thanks, 48.  While my tooth still hurts, my dull hangover is taking my mind off of it.  What the hell was I thinking?

Blooby

Geir

A real painkiller !!!! Smooth controlled playing and a great production!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Greeny

Very smooth. I love that lilting, liquid-like soloing. You have an effortless quality to your playing... as if there's a limitless range of licks and tricks to choose from without ever having to repeat yourself. It seems like you just go where the music takes you. I guess that's what separates great guitarists from just good ones!

Rockatron

OMG!, this is what I like most.  Smooth playing filled with emotions and well controlled throughout!  Loved it.  I'll look around for your other postings !!
recorder
Boss BR-80

"Play, just play..."