The One that Got Away (Musical Instruments that Aren't Coming Back to You)

Started by WarpCanada, November 28, 2020, 03:33:38 PM

cuthbert

Many moons ago, I traded a mid-80s Rickenbacker 360/12 for a '69 Fender Jazzmaster. For where I was at the time as far as guitar skills and money-wise (as in, I didn't really have very much), it was a pretty good move.

But I always missed that Ricky, even though it was difficult to play and tune - until I got a new Rickenbacker 330/6 a few years ago. I still have the Jazzmaster, but haven't really played it in ages.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

StephenM

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on November 30, 2020, 12:13:49 AMI currently have  about twenty guitars, the number of guitars I've had and sold since my first guitar ... I can't tell.... But the one I regret the most...wasn't mine! It was lent to me and unfortunately I gave it back...
it was a Gretch Model Chet Atkins guitar, in 1965 it was impossible to find such a guitar in France (not imported)
How did its owner (the very rich guitarist of a rival band in my area) get it? I don't know, in any case he forgot it in my car one night while I was drinking; I kept it for maybe a month and with remorse I returned it.
It's a vintage guitar that is now worth its weight in gold (one sold on amazone 10 000 euros!). :(

we see it at 58 seconds in the video
you did the right thing sir....bravo..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9rh9btAIhY

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner