"How Did This Happen?"

Started by Blooby, November 27, 2020, 10:56:32 PM

Ferryman

I'm not sure how it happened but I am glad it did. It is really quite beautiful. You used restrained playing and effects to create a wonderful and emotional soundscape. The caterwauling is really nice and suits the song perfectly.

I also love that you used the Valhalla Supermassive to help create such a wonderful soundscape, because two days ago I bought the Valhalla Vintage Verb plugin and downloaded Supermassive at the same time. Clearly the right decision!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oh yeah, beautiful simply beautiful. The sound I found lifting and and perfect. A fabulous post. Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Johnbee

Very well recorded and produced.  Love the arrangement as well.  Myself, I'd back off of the delay on the vox just a tiny bit, but that's entirely a personal artistic decision.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

StephenM

really great recording.... guitar work is fantastic...  I could imagine Lurker singing this.... I noticed on some of yours he does and that on his juke box you play guitar for him...that is a pretty dynamic duo.....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Lurker

Wow. I go on Covid lockdown, and this is what comes of it. Perhaps, I should stay home more often.

Mike_S

Quote from: Willie on November 29, 2020, 07:02:47 AMOh yeah, beautiful simply beautiful. The sound I found lifting and and perfect. A fabulous post. Willie

Willie says it all for me... beautiful indeed

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Groundy

Pure Class Bruce, as always, just love this, its a keeper... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Redler

Just superb! At first, this is an epic song and the arrangement/production is out of this world! Around 4 minute spot> this has wonderful Pink Floyd vibe. Peaceful and relaxing!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

SE

This is so cool loving the modulation, cool guitar phrasing, then excellent  vocals, just loved the listen, cool stuff!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

pjd1

Missed this first time around , what a stunning composition so glad i had a listen , the opening just pulls me in with those incredible chords just floating in the air , the mode is just brilliant , music like this just inspires my imagination , wonderfully crafted and recorded , just loved it all right the way through , magical music great stuff

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8