My other hobby: Astronomy

Started by WarpCanada, November 27, 2020, 03:44:00 PM

WarpCanada

So besides being a Music Geek as my primary hobby, I'm getting into telescopes. I just bought this puppy:

It's large.

It's a 12" Truss Rod Dobsonian Telescope.  It uses two mirrors rather than what would be far more expensive lenses, to gather light, that is to say, it's a newtonian reflector, as regards its optics design, but it's called a Dobsonian  because of how it's mounted, basically it's a box inside of a box.  You can put fabric around the open area if you want to keep stray light from entering the central area of the scope.

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Jean Pierre

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

SteveB

Sorry I'm being a bit various here, one of my other hobbies is astronomy, and here's a screenshot from Stellarium (PC software), these Aquariids showers are happening as we speak/listen outside at my locale, and so I keep nipping outside to view. Cool.  8) 8)

recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Jean Pierre

Excellent!
..I have a relative by marriage who is an astrophysicist and who is going to the Hawaiian observatory for 3 years (..he is also a drummer!!..nobody is parfect  :) :) :))
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo