Warps' Music Room

Started by WarpCanada, November 25, 2020, 06:22:35 PM

WarpCanada

Here's a quick video tour of my music room and my piano.  If anyone has questions about any of my gear, ask away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y7i-ob2Et4

Piano:  Mason and Hamlin 1980s 6 foot Grand Piano (Made in USA) - My Baby. (Okay, my wife is my baby, and my dog, but after that, my piano is my baby)

Music gear:

Korg TR8 Workstation
Yamaha DX7-2D (FM synth with the worlds best synth action)
Roland Gaia SH-101 (virtual analog, with triple architecture, giving you three poly synth layers at once)
Various Guitars (best one is an inexpensive Yamaha Pacifica single-single-humbucker with a coil tap giving you the option of a bridge single coil or bridge humbucker sound), Homebrew Pedalboard with Line6 PodGo as the centerpiece, Amps, with current centerpiece being a Blackstar HT5R, but I have a beast (Fender '94 Evil Twin) that's currently at the Amp Repair place.  Also dearly love my Tube Screamer (ibanez) and my Line6 DL4 delay.

Cubase is loaded on my imac and my thinkpad, but right now I use the thinkpad mostly as it has more CPU power for effect processing.
Audio interface is Steinberg UR22.
Monitors are KRK Rokit 5s.
Mics are mostly inexpensive Amazon stuff,  best one is a Shure SM58 which is still inexpensive but actually good.

Boss BR600 recorder for demos.

Bass guitar is a Godin Shifter 5.
Bass effect pedal is "Line6 Bass POD XT Live".

I also have a Line6  POD XT Live if I want to have really fake sounding 1990s digital distortion on a part.  I don't like the sounds on it very much.
Since I don't use distortion much with my Bass, the Bass POD XT Live is quite suitable.

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Ferryman

Very cool. And what was the flashing blue light? Were you being raided by the cops....?

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

Wow that is a lovely looking piano and set up and nice to hear your voice too!

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ray Brookes

Great setup you have there, Warren. Nice collection of guitars and some fantastic keys. Just walking into the room would make you wanna write something.
Ray Brookes

pjd1

Love the set up , i would have to put a bed in there , i just would not get out or eat ,,,,,

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

WarpCanada

Thanks.  The flashy lights is a strip of LED lights that I call my disco lights. 

They have an audio sensor in them, and they blink along with the music.

I like to have the room lights dimmed and get a beat and grab an instrument and jam around until something interesting happens.  It almost always does happen.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Jean Pierre

beautiful space for music and very beautiful piano, you have many keyboard
Tf you have not seen , it'b my own home studio in the atic of my house
https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=28515.msg341045#msg341045
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Greeny

Lovely music space and lots of great gear. I would just live there.

thetworegs

Great set up ... it must have been great fun getting the piano into the room

If Life is a dream then use your imagination