Departing Rigel VII (electronic, instrumental, synthwave, outrun)

Started by WarpCanada, November 20, 2020, 12:23:30 AM

StephenM

def not too long...really great sound and vibe.... I dg it...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

I have to admit, Warren that electronica is not my favourite genre but this track held my attention. Nice use of those spacey synths/pads and you've utilised your percussion well. A cool atmospheric piece of electronica; futuristic in its sounds and well created.
Ray Brookes

bruno

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Ted

Less than a minute into the song, and I paused it and went directly to the "4:20 workout mix" because I knew I would want more.

What I like about this is that it has some movements and big dynamics – it's not just thump-thump-thump all the way through like some spacey-synthy music. There are great immersive sounds, but there's also a story being told, or part of a story.

So what were you doing on Rigel IV? Hydroponics conference? Yeah. Right. Likely story. Please step to the side, Sir. We're going to need to scan your luggage for pergium. It's merely a security precaution. There's nothing to worry about if you have nothing to hide.

Blackout Bump - week of 18 November, 2020
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Zoltan

Cool electronica! I think the easy going tempo makes this more of a cool down workout mix rather than the max lift attempt song :)

Some of the sounds and melodic movements reminded me of the Bobby Beausoleils soundtrack for the Kenneth Angers Lucifer Rising.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper