Departing Rigel VII (electronic, instrumental, synthwave, outrun)

Started by WarpCanada, November 20, 2020, 12:23:30 AM

WarpCanada

Departing Rigel VII
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Electronica Synth jam that I made this evening. This is me having enormous fun with a pile of virtual instruments (vsts) that I've bought in the last few years.
(UPDATE: a longer 4 minute mix is posted later on in this thread)
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

hardlock

Love your material but maybe do a medley of some of your short instrumental pieces together? Just getting into it and done.   ;)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Geir

Very cool with some nice melodic lines in there too

... makes me wanna get out some of my iOS synths and make some weird sh!t. ::)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

WarpCanada

There is a point at which I need to admit, that 1 minute "songlets" are frustrating to listeners maybe.   Let's be honest? It does feel a bit off right?

I find 30 minute ambient synth jams "the reason why I listen to so little electronica".  But I think maybe I'm a little too shy, and I need to put together something with a beginning, middle and end, and develop and repeat a theme, and so on....

Maybe I have musical Attention Deficit Disorder? :-)  I am actually gonna get some weird synths for my ipad shortly.  Maybe will make some jams with Cubasis or Garage Band on my ipad.  I promise to make the next demo I post at least 2:30+.  :-)

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Hilary

Quote from: WarpCanada on November 20, 2020, 12:49:00 PMThere is a point at which I need to admit, that 1 minute "songlets" are frustrating to listeners maybe.   Let's be honest? It does feel a bit off right?

Absolutely not - please don't bow down to conformity - it's as long or short as you need it to be!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

WarpCanada

Departig Rigel VII (Workout Mix 04m22s)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here we go with an Workout Song length re-Mix at 4 minutes and 20 seconds.

Haha. 420.  Funny right? It's the dad joke thing.

I do feel very glad to have folks willing to give a listen, and make suggestions, so "it could be longer" or "it's TOO LONG NOW" feedback is very welcome!

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

hardlock

Good length - nice ebb and flow - fine percussion build as well. Held my interest  throughout as I imagined the transport ship entering hyperspace. 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Ferryman

I enjoy 30 minute ambient pieces, so this still seems short to me  ;). I think this worked well, some really nice sounds in there and you mixed it well. Good dynamics in there to keep the listener interested. Really enjoyable piece of electronica.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Liking this a lot although longer would be good. I bought a Roland JD-Xi which I keep promising myself I will learn to use, the scope for use is immense. Good job.  Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800