Band drummer has left !!

Started by pjd1, November 17, 2020, 12:35:19 PM

Ferryman

I will add you should also check out the Digitech Sdrum and Singular Sound Beat Buddy as well. These are pure drum pedals. The Sdrum is a bit like the Trio but has more flexibility for drums (and no bass), while the Beat Buddy allows you to trigger drum loops from the pedal. The Beat Buddy loops sound awesome but are pre-programmed (although there are a lot of them in a lot of styles). The Sdrum doesn't sound quite as good but allows you to create unique drum patterns by strumming your guitar.

There's a good overview video of both pedals here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcaZjKqhRnI
With both pedals you can buy additional footswitches that make it easier to change drum sequences and add fills. I use the Sdrum and love it (but I don't play live).

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

pjd1

Thanks Ferryman will check out deffo , just working on some bespoke backing tracks and then gunna send them to the lads and see what happens with them , i will get an idea from there replys , if you no what i mean !!! didnt know there was that many gadgets on the market , amazing

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

pjd1

Just an update on the Drummer left the band thingy , the group are on a whatsapp group communication that is really useful for passing on ideas music and general stuff to talk about , i decided to record a backing track to a song that we do live "china girl" by david bowie , as you will probably know the song is quite short so i extended it to about 6 mins for live performance , just drums and keyboards no singing or guitar or bass , Singer got back to more or less straight away , but alas no sign of the bass player looks like he has jibbed it as well , have i got the energy to start chasing people up  , dont think so , maybe my Live band days or past me and i will retire to my home studio and work on my music and playing .

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Ferryman

Maybe it is that time. It will give you the ideal excuse to buy more gear for the home studio......

Personally I always found bands and band politics a bit tiresome (mainly because I was always the one doing the organising and ego soothing). I really enjoy doing stuff on my own with the occasional collaboration on SC. Those are much more fun than trying to get a band to do stuff.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

Quote from: Ferryman on December 03, 2020, 02:58:06 AMMaybe it is that time. It will give you the ideal excuse to buy more gear for the home studio......

Personally I always found bands and band politics a bit tiresome (mainly because I was always the one doing the organising and ego soothing). I really enjoy doing stuff on my own with the occasional collaboration on SC. Those are much more fun than trying to get a band to do stuff.
I agree...finding folks that can work together without a bunch of bickering and demanding and etc... is hard....but there is something special about it when you do.... chemistry is very important... the other thing I would say, because I have played with quite a number of other people through the years... the lesser the easier....less people means less hassle... drummers were generally the biggest flakes though....hard to find one you can count on.... but when you do it is special.... I am with you Nigel...it's easy to do it on your own.... except the singing part I just really can't so much...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner