Diamond Head

Started by bruno, November 13, 2020, 03:41:24 PM

bruno

Always had a soft spot for this band. I saw them in the early '80's on their Canterbury tour. I have always loved that album, there is something about the songwriting on that album. Sean Harris and Brian Tatler in fine, fine form. Along with Merv, who went on to form FM (another great band).

Anyway, they re-recorded their most famous track from a very early album for the 40 year anniversary (I think). Its fucking awesome. No longer Sean singer - but this is amazing energy from an old band. I can't stop listening to this track - it makes me want to shout "AAAAARRRRRRHHHHHGGG!".

Turn up and enjoy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnupfNwf62M

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

Diamond Head are smokin' hot Bruno! I enjoyed that thanks for posting it up.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

bruno

and as if just like magic ....

My university used to get some great bands in the student union. I was studying here, along with Mrs B this year, and I distinctly remember seeing diamond head. It was either this year or the year before, so I was probably in this audience, rocking out ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiklxG2h600

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

AndyR

I saw them at least once back then, I seem to remember being very impressed but thinking they were probably a bit late to the party.

I found them online a few months ago - their current stuff is excellent. There's a bunch of it in my amazon wish list, I haven't pressed the trigger yet because of higher priorities (Power-Up for starters LOL - wowowowowowow, listened to it 7 or 8 times since it arrived yesterday... and UFO... they're releasing all 6 gigs that went into Strangers on the 20th of this month... that one went to Mrs R for chrimbo suggestions...)

Anyway, Diamond Head, I understand they've done the whole album? Not just Am I Evil?

I watched several of their lockdown videos on youtube. In some ways it amused me to see Brian Tatler unchanged except millions of years older and a lot deafer... but then you listen to the music they're making, and it's kinda "don't you go changing Brian..." it's just my kinda stuff in the rock thing ;D ;D ;D ;D

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

bruno

Quote from: AndyR on November 14, 2020, 12:30:51 PMI saw them at least once back then, I seem to remember being very impressed but thinking they were probably a bit late to the party.

I found them online a few months ago - their current stuff is excellent. There's a bunch of it in my amazon wish list, I haven't pressed the trigger yet because of higher priorities (Power-Up for starters LOL - wowowowowowow, listened to it 7 or 8 times since it arrived yesterday... and UFO... they're releasing all 6 gigs that went into Strangers on the 20th of this month... that one went to Mrs R for chrimbo suggestions...)

Anyway, Diamond Head, I understand they've done the whole album? Not just Am I Evil?

I watched several of their lockdown videos on youtube. In some ways it amused me to see Brian Tatler unchanged except millions of years older and a lot deafer... but then you listen to the music they're making, and it's kinda "don't you go changing Brian..." it's just my kinda stuff in the rock thing ;D ;D ;D ;D

Brian is great :-)
New album is released on the 27th - my CD is on back-order, its the entire first album redone

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08JBCXJLY

https://www.diamondheadofficial.com/single-post/lightning-to-the-nations-2020-40th-anniversary

Can't wait :-)
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Kody

My band used to cover this one back in the 90's. I always thought it was originally a Metallica song...had to just now google it. Wow, now I feel stupid, lol! Turns out we were covering a cover!

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

WarpCanada

Prolly these dudes are not well known outside the UK?
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada