Studio

Started by TPB, November 12, 2020, 08:02:44 PM

StephenM

Quote from: Pete C on November 22, 2020, 04:24:53 AMI'd love my own recording space but unfortunately I have nowhere to set up a permanent one and have to make do with a "pop-up" studio.  In other words get a guitar and effects out of the cupboard and my BR800, plug everything in, record then put it all away again  ;D ;D

i think probably most everyone has to endure that sometimes...  years ago, I was in the Navy on submarines... I had to sleep with my les paul...it was the only place I could keep it....then later, on a different boat there was more room so we could bring a small pwered mixer and speaker....lol...sometimes we could set up and practice (3 of us and a drum machine.)....  I guess we all do what we have to because we love it that much....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

WarpCanada

That is cool that you were in the navy and on submarines.   I have always been fascinated by Submarines.  As a teenager, in the late 1980s there was a game from Electronic Arts called 688 Attack Sub, and I played 10K hours on that game, and have purchased just about every submarine themed simulator or game I could get my hands on.  At one point I could have listed off almost all the important specs of a Los Angeles Class submarine.  I also read a bit of non-fiction history when I could, on WW2 submarine warfare, with particular interest in American subs, as well as in German U-Boats.

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

StephenM

Quote from: WarpCanada on November 28, 2020, 03:50:38 PMThat is cool that you were in the navy and on submarines.   I have always been fascinated by Submarines.  As a teenager, in the late 1980s there was a game from Electronic Arts called 688 Attack Sub, and I played 10K hours on that game, and have purchased just about every submarine themed simulator or game I could get my hands on.  At one point I could have listed off almost all the important specs of a Los Angeles Class submarine.  I also read a bit of non-fiction history when I could, on WW2 submarine warfare, with particular interest in American subs, as well as in German U-Boats.
Warren, I will get into a bit of a chat with you on the messages about it.... I was on 4 of the nucs one of which (717 Olympia) was o 688 class... and I loved that game too although I never played it that much...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner