Studio

Started by TPB, November 12, 2020, 08:02:44 PM

StephenM

here is my area of the house...and the other end of the room too...but the whole family uses this sometimes...so it is a good investment in space...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Nice area and equipment I use to be in the house like that too. moving out to a separate build had two advantages  one my lovely did not have to put up with the noise. We were  playing a outside concert one time and a lady said to my wife it must be nice to listen to nice music all time  to which my wife replied that song she just listened to that lasted three minutes she had heard for at least 20 hrs going from learning the parts working the vocal ect to the end product. Also being alone allows me to try things that might be unpleasant to hear  and when there are people around I you do not want to sound crappy so you take less chances
I am blessed to live on a farm and have the space to do this I do remember playing it the living room set up play tear down put away but you do what you have too to make noise
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

pjd1

Nice stuff love the set up , i can see your 2 br1600 on the left , zoom 24 , and the mixer on the right , drums and keyboards etc , but there is a whole amount of gear that i am not familiar with , which maybe a should have as a home recording enthusiast , BTW the chair has no arms same as mine, so you can play and sit with the guitar on your lap , great set up with loads of space and usability , serious gear and music workplace .

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

StephenM

Quote from: TPB on November 17, 2020, 11:26:19 AMNice area and equipment I use to be in the house like that too. moving out to a separate build had two advantages  one my lovely did not have to put up with the noise. We were  playing a outside concert one time and a lady said to my wife it must be nice to listen to nice music all time  to which my wife replied that song she just listened to that lasted three minutes she had heard for at least 20 hrs going from learning the parts working the vocal ect to the end product. Also being alone allows me to try things that might be unpleasant to hear  and when there are people around I you do not want to sound crappy so you take less chances
I am blessed to live on a farm and have the space to do this I do remember playing it the living room set up play tear down put away but you do what you have too to make noise
Tim

yes Tim...civilians don't like hearing us play the same song for hours....we don't mind it though...ha...good stuff

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

Quote from: pjd1 on November 17, 2020, 12:22:11 PMNice stuff love the set up , i can see your 2 br1600 on the left , zoom 24 , and the mixer on the right , drums and keyboards etc , but there is a whole amount of gear that i am not familiar with , which maybe a should have as a home recording enthusiast , BTW the chair has no arms same as mine, so you can play and sit with the guitar on your lap , great set up with loads of space and usability , serious gear and music workplace .

Dunny

Dunny,
this room started more as a practice space for live music...with the group I was playing with...so some of the stuff you see is PA equipment, which I have an affection for... I shopped around and got deals on mostly used, some new stuff to build 7 foot triamped speaker columns...totally unnecessary but I really found ridiculous low prices ... I have about 4000 watts of clean power, 8 wireless mics, EQ with feedback killer, a few effects and an old Behringer mixer...which I need to replace but I like it pretty good...Since i am triamped I had to have a crossover, which is Behringer...I also have 4 powered speakers, that I got for a song and a dance that absolutely crank and can be used as mains or monitors...obviously I am not playing live much now but it's fun whenever I can have a jam session.... mostly now though it is all about recording so this is a multifunction room...we also have an old church organ...it has numerous electronic circuit boards, before the days of IC chips,,,,transistors etc for sound shaping....we got that free and it is a bit of a relic but it's fun... I need to record something with that...I am one of those people who gets a bit scattered so I have to really focus to actually complete anything... I have a thousand ideas...but pulling them off is where the work is..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Farrell Jackson

Here's mine and some other's from a thread with a similar topic. This was from 8 years ago but it's still the basic space and set up I use....except I have added more stuff which makes it a bit more crowed in there. The most obvious change is that my hair is thinner and and whiter plus some old guy has taken my place in the mirror, lol!

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=2782.180
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on November 20, 2020, 08:55:34 AMHere's mine and some other's from a thread with a similar topic. This was from 8 years ago but it's still the basic space and set up I use....except I have added more stuff which makes it a bit more crowed in there. The most obvious change is that my hair is thinner and and whiter plus some old guy has taken my place in the mirror, lol!

https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=2782.180
cool Farrell.... I think your place there could be a museum as well...so many goodies... wish i could spend an hour or two in there with you hearing all about it... now though i am going to have to go back through that whole thread to see all the photos...  i like the fact you included a photo of you in there...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Jean Pierre

your music spaces are nice! ... I played for a long time at home in the city when I was working, ... in a broom closet! also like those who are lucky enough, I am delighted to have equipped my attic in musical space for me, my children, ... and grandchildren!
I never get tired of the pleasure to show it to you here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX27zWNEVIY

Well I did everything myself, painting, plastering, electricity, a hell of a job!..

retirement is earned and has a good time :)

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on November 21, 2020, 02:10:07 AMyour music spaces are nice! ... I played for a long time at home in the city when I was working, ... in a broom closet! also like those who are lucky enough, I am delighted to have equipped my attic in musical space for me, my children, ... and grandchildren!
I never get tired of the pleasure to show it to
I loved seeing your attic Jahia.... what kind of electronic drum kit do you have?

Well I did everything myself, painting, plastering, electricity, a hell of a job!..

retirement is earned and has a good time :)

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Pete C

I'd love my own recording space but unfortunately I have nowhere to set up a permanent one and have to make do with a "pop-up" studio.  In other words get a guitar and effects out of the cupboard and my BR800, plug everything in, record then put it all away again  ;D ;D
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800