Studio

Started by TPB, November 12, 2020, 08:02:44 PM

TPB

Have some pics of my hide away it is in one of my barns so I can get loud and the wife does not have to listen to bad playing lol
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

des0free

Very nice - I'm jealous - where I am in California real estate is so expensive that such an extra room would cost an additional >$1 million...
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ray Brookes

Oh yeah, that is an impressive setup you have there, sir. It would get the creative juices flowing just walking into the room. Er ... one of your barns? Jeez, how many do you have? LOL
Ray Brookes

Ferryman

Very nice! No excuse for not producing that triple album now.....

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Lovely space... love the Trumpet light!
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

A cool studio "man cave" Tim! It looks ready and inviting for your next song creation. I see your dog enjoys it also, lol.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hilary

Wow that looks amazing - I've got 3 pillows and a BR80 ????
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

WarpCanada

That looks lovely. Perhaps I will post my home-office-music-studio space pics soon.  The plan is that my music studio will eventually move to an outbuilding, because my darling wife, who I wish to keep happy, does not much appreciate the endless hours of noodling on guitars, while  my fingers and my head invent melodies.   Shredding, as she calls it. 

The thing is that the electric guitar as an instrument, only speaks to me at a certain volume. The experience is gone without that.   So much of what I used to call "tone" is, in my view, actually the way a musician's brain lights up when they are surfing an experience which can never be boxed or recorded.    My guitar playing is pretty technically bad, but I am getting better and better at it, and what's more important, I enjoy every little bit of it that I do.  These days those hours of shredding are actually me learning pick control.   I have much more precise control when I play bare fingers on six strings, but I like the sound of a pick, I am just not very good at it.  The cure is the same as the sickness; More playing.

My latest acquisition is 100 watts of tube amp glory (oh my poor dear wife) and I think it needs a home outside my Home.

So my plan is to move my Loudest Bits out to a barn as you have done, and create a practice space that is stripped down to what is essential, and which, when the covid thingy is less insane, could be a jam space for a band that I might start which maybe could be called The Mid Life Crisis.    Oh rats, that name is already taken.

If we lived in the same town, I would totally love to come and jam in your space, I'll bring my bass over and play bass badly, while you do as you do, on guitar.

It keeps me sane, or more likely, keeps me from going beyond moderately crazy, if that makes sense.

Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

pjd1

Some serious gear going on there with a ton of space to use as well great stuff

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

StephenM

nice place to play...it's a must have...good for you...why shouldn't you have a place? 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner