https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52QnVjCzITo
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

I have a Jerry Jones Baby Sitar - these guitars are very cool. Not the most versatile instrument, but they nail that 60s / 70s electric sitar sound.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Jean Pierre

very interesting and very topical for me!

Unfortunately this guitar is very typical and with a limited use, and for a price of 555 euros.

It's very topical, because I'm doing a cover for the psychedelic festival...it's a Donovan song from the 1966 album Sunshine superman where there's a sitar line

If someone ( Cuthbert?  ;D) could do the melodic line of the sitar which is quite simple it would be nice and very in the SC spirit.

I tried to make a substitution with lap steel as Troy Brenningmeyer shows in this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqxKVcpgHTk&t=712s,

but I don't get a satisfactory result

Or another possibility if someone knows a sound make SF2 (Free) sitar?

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Hook

I have a real one I seriously struggle with...but oooo I could play that one!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

des0free

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on November 12, 2020, 12:52:44 AMvery interesting and very topical for me!

Unfortunately this guitar is very typical and with a limited use, and for a price of 555 euros.

It's very topical, because I'm doing a cover for the psychedelic festival...it's a Donovan song from the 1966 album Sunshine superman where there's a sitar line

If someone ( Cuthbert?  ;D) could do the melodic line of the sitar which is quite simple it would be nice and very in the SC spirit.

I tried to make a substitution with lap steel as Troy Brenningmeyer shows in this video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqxKVcpgHTk&t=712s,

but I don't get a satisfactory result

Or another possibility if someone knows a sound make SF2 (Free) sitar?

I found a description of what makes it sound like it does:

"The key to the Baby Sitar is the Gotoh "buzz bridge." It's a small, subtly harp-shaped piece of plastic that's burnished to a texture approximating bone. It has six gently scalloped "saddles" ranging from about 43 mm in length for the lowest string to about 48 mm in length for the highest string. The manner in which the strings vibrate over the bridge creates the buzzing sitar sound, not unlike a real sitar or tamboura."

FROM: https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/23392-danelectro-baby-sitar-review#:~:text=The%20pickup%20is%20situated%20a,isn't%20much%20additional%20hassle.&text=Pros%3A,Killer%20authentic%20electric%20sitar%20tones.

Maybe there is some way to modify a cheap guitar, e.g. squier, to make it sound like that?
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

Quote from: my idol is Jahia on November 12, 2020, 12:52:44 AMIt's very topical, because I'm doing a cover for the psychedelic festival...it's a Donovan song from the 1966 album Sunshine superman where there's a sitar line

Hmm... a Donovan song from 1966 that features sitar. Sounds like it might already be psychedelic. In fact, Wikipedia describes the genre of the Sunshine Superman album as "Psychedelic folk". You're not meant to cover a psychedelic song for the Unexpected Psychedelic Covers Fest. You're meant to cover a song that's not psychedelic and you make it psychedelic yourself by your arrangement, choice of effects, instruments, etc. For example, the song "King of the Road" by Roger Miller is not a psychedelic song. But if you covered it with a fuzzed electric guitar, sitar, tambourine, and flanged vocals, for example, you could make it psychedelic. That's what we mean by the word "unexpected" in the festival name. For example, the 1967 hit song "Incense and Peppermints" by Strawberry Alarm Clock is very psychedelic. If somebody covered it, it would be no surprise that their cover was psychedelic too. That's what we'd expect. But "King of the Road" is not psychedelic, so to hear it covered in a psychedelic style would be unexpected.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website