"Out All Night"

Started by Frank53, May 31, 2009, 05:54:48 AM

Bosko Schwartz

Ah, that's what I thought.  Sounded like a live player, but electronic drums.  And that's what it was.  Great playing, very tight and punchy!!

I have managed to not annoy the neighbors too much, so I use real drums in my posts in the BR-1600 room.  Take a listen if you get a chance -- I'd love to hear what a fellow drummer-turned-songwriter/multi-instrumentalist thinks of my humble stuff!
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Bosko Schwartz

Why'd you have to write this song, Frank?  Do you have any idea how catchy it is?  I've only heard it a couple of times, and yet it keeps popping into my head.  For some reason, it reminds me of a They Might Be Giants song, "The Replacements."

You have any other originals ready to post?
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

Oldrottenhead

ah frank i have heard you before, this is brilliant. hope you are posting more soon, or do you have a website with stuff on it. soundclick myspace. i wanna hear more.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Frank53

Thank you for the kind comments on my songs, ORH! As a matter of fact we are Myspace friends. It's so hard to keep track of everyone on the 'net these days.

I have a few other things floating out there in cyberspace.

http://indiemusicworks.com/artists/Frank_Northcutt/

http://www.geocities.com/frankdanabrewster/music.html

http://www.myspace.com/franknorthcutt

Maybe I'll post another one here soon, also. Didn't want to monopolize the board. I guess we need more '900 users. LOL!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Oldrottenhead

QuoteAs a matter of fact we are Myspace friends.
i will need to bump you up to my first page then, i often do things under the influence of scottish beer and  have no recall , could be early onset dementi but more likely lager dehydrating my brain.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Wiley

This was really neat!!  I liked it a lot the harmonies were great. Live drummers. This community could use some of you guys.  I still don't have the drums down on the BR

Frank53

Thanks, Wiley! I appreciate the listen and the kind words. I'm glad I can play drums a little, 'cause programming those things would drive me nuts (or more nuts, I should say).  :P

Frank
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

lg

Hey this is really top-notch stuff!
I loved it! What really got me is the keyboards...
but the entire thing is great.
Love the harmonies...

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

StephenM

Quote from: Bosko Schwartz on June 05, 2009, 02:02:53 PMWhy'd you have to write this song, Frank?  Do you have any idea how catchy it is?  I've only heard it a couple of times, and yet it keeps popping into my head.  For some reason, it reminds me of a They Might Be Giants song, "The Replacements."

You have any other originals ready to post?

Mason?  Edmunds?  Frank(ly) I would rather hear 53!  This is a catchy song.  Glad to read this is you Frank playing an electronic kit.  I have an acoustic kit now and love it, however I see really big advantages in some ways for the electronic kits.  Having said that i ain't getting rid of my Tama's anytime soon.
I just want to say, and I know you don't get on SC much these days that I hear your songs once in a while and I really do enjoy your voice very much... it is warm and has a lot of comfort in it.  You do some great songs... I don't get on many other sites as I find they are so big and so hard to keep up with folks but I might have to sneak on that link and hear a few others.
hope you are well!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Quote from: Bluesberry on May 31, 2009, 05:57:51 AMThat is really great Frank.  Really tight, great sound all round.  Welcome to the forum, lets have some more of your great songs.

ditto, production is super.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner