Silver Pillow - AndyR Original (Remastered)

Started by AndyR, October 31, 2020, 02:11:40 PM

AndyR

(Remastered 22/10/2021)

So I got me a new geetar the other week.

Named her Lala, obviously. Seemed kind of appropriate - she wears a faded gold dress and is full of chunes and mischiefs.

This is our first effort together. It was meant to be a love song. It still is, I suppose, of a sort...

But it's also a cautionary tale.

It's a bit like your old Nanna used tell you:

Do NOT f*ck with the fairy-folk (neither figuratively nor literally)

Silver Pillow
Words & Music AndyR
Recorded on a BR1600
--------------------------------
I would not be averse
To spend an hour with you
Watching you take off
Your fairy-wings
Rest my eye upon your
Soft and naked skin
Beneath your trailing willow
Moonlight on your silver pillow

I'll eat your apple
If you offer it to me
Touch your magic cup
And drain the wine
Pin my future on
The ecstacies you bring
Beneath the trailing willow
Kisses on your silver pillow

The wicker basket
That you fashioned for my heart
Your silken sheets
That bind me as I sleep
I never dreamt how I
Would end up in your arms
Beneath your weeping willow
Dry bones on your silver pillow

Wear it
Own this

Those who dream
Like me

Those who dream
Here
Just like me

Those who dream
Here
Never will wake up

Copyright (C) 2020 A A J Russe. All Rights Reserved.
Time:
0:00
Volume:

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

pjd1

Riff got me i am in , god that sounds really good , love the harmony guitars , chords are really cool , just one hell of a song and the guitars man amazing , the production on this is first rate with every track clear as a bell , well thought out and produced it gets a 10 from me

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

funkyaxe

Classy stuff indeed. Love the riff which had a Thin Lizzy / Eagles feel to me. Great lyrics and the mix is amazing and crisp.

Ray Brookes

Great starting riff, Andy and you have written/produced this song excellently. Fantastic guitar work, especially the harmony stuff that I personally have always liked since 'Wishbone Ash' and 'Thin Lizzy' days. Great work; well done.
Ray Brookes

hardlock

Everything's great about this song.  Many influences to other styles as mentioned but my first thought with the main riff was "oh cool! ZZ Top! Then with the guitar harmonies, I heard Almond (ha) brothers! Downloading for my playlist as I write. All in all, still a totally original kick-ass song! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

kenny mac

Cool song,the opening riff reminded me of a mott song (not mott the hoople) called Monty Carlo.
Excellent guitar work,it sounds great.

bruno

This sounds great - everything sounds top-notch. Loved the vocals, and the use of chord voicing.
Awesome. Liked this lots.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

The opening guitar riff had me locked on the song right away. I like how you strategically placed the harmony guitars to boost the main riff. Cool lyric and fine vocals. It's a winner to  my ears, Andy. Btw Lala sounds wonderful!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ferryman

Wowee, another belter from Andy. I just love that opening riff and the way you recorded the guitar. It gave me an early Wishbone Ash vibe but then we went right into unique Andy territory with some great chord changes and intriguing song construction. I really liked the storytelling (and your good advice) and loved the way you did the "those who dream here" section. You never take the obvious path which is what makes your music so fascinating. Something I could definitely learn from.

Killer production as always, really crisp, clear and punchy. A great vocal performance as always and they sit so well in the mix. Nice work Andy! And that new guitar sounds fab!!!   

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann