2Creepy4U

Started by hardlock, October 26, 2020, 05:30:17 AM

hardlock

2CREEPy4U(192)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Halloween (banner image missing)

Saw the fest, had to submit. This isn't something you'd want to play for the fun of it, but might make a good spook movie backing track or some Halloween mood music?  :-\
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

TPB

Movie sound track for sure can see the monsters coming well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Farrell Jackson

A good 'n spooky soundtrack for sure. Perfect for the Halloween Mini-Fest!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

kenny mac

F*ck  me mate,thats creepy.
If I was a horror  film producer i would snaffle this up.
Good job.

Frank53

Love everything about this. The deep, pounding reverb abd delayed guitar on the intro, the reversed tracks, the wandering atonality. Great use of synth voices and effects. Carefully arranged and produced. Great soundtrack material indeed.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

bruno

This one should sit on a BBC stereophonic workshop LP. This could be used on an episode of Doctor Who, or a James Wan film.
Loved the reverse echo's.
Good stuff.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Ray Brookes

Jeez, as creepy as hell! Nicely structured and produced. All those meandering dis-chords work so well with the sinister FX. This is one of those pieces of work where you could put the film to the music instead of the other way round.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

I am not going to ask how some of those sounds were made....... sinister indeed....at just before 4 min it sounds like effected water....and those flies or bees wow!  several songs in one almost....this would be good to play at the outside of the house on HW

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ferryman

Very creepy and very cool! I love this kind of thing and you did a great job here. A very cinematic soundscape and lots going on to hold the listener's interest. 3:40 reminded me of "Several Species Of Small Furry Animals....etc" by Pink Floyd, which may be a good thing or not, depending on your view of that track (it's weird....).

Like Steve, I would love to know more about how you did this.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

hardlock

Wow, thanks everyone - GREAT comments! I'm honored considering the extreme talent here.

So I dug up the files from 2015 and found I'd made 4 edit folders of the parts worked down to this final one. Yes, as you can see on the bottom mix, it is 3 separate "songs" strung together. Can't tell much about how it was made from this shot but if you look at the part names you'll get a clue. 

Many were made on my old trusty Kawai K4 synth which has some great effects stock but can be programmed to do about anything you can imagine.  Dated for sure but still impressive sounds being more analog sounding.  Also I use a Roland RD300 NX for other sounds for their lushness that I "probably" mangled with effects in Audacity. :P

During this period of time I was a member of a Hollywood "agency" called Taxi that gave out requests from the industry to it's members to fill.  This was one of them but I never heard back from anyone on it so..... 

Anyway, glad it's now getting some "airplay"!  8) 

(sorry pic is so small it's unreadable - maybe magnify somehow?)

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure