Let the NEILFEST begin

Started by Geir, May 30, 2009, 08:26:28 AM

Geir

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

Seeing there no use in holding back the urge to put out some Young music I hereby declare the NeilFest for open
(as someone already has jumped the gun I didn't really have a choice, did I ;D) )

I suggest we keep each song in it's own thread and I will copy links to each song into this post.

LET THE SHOW BEGIN !!!

Update (Aug 19, 2009): A NeilFest jukebox is now available here:

NeilFest 2009 Index
Click song title to view topic and play the song. To download the MP3, click the download icon ().

"After the Goldrush" (facemask93) 
"After the Goldrush" (Geir) 
"After the Goldrush" (Greeny) 
"Albuquerque" (Bluesberry) 
"Are There Any More Real Cowboys?" (Pinedog) 
"Birds" (Geir) 
"Birds" (SdC) 
"Cinnamon Girl" (LESTG) 
"Comes a Time" (Geir) 
"Cortez The Killer" (LESTG) 
"Country Girl" (hooper) 
"Cowgirl in the Sand" (hooper) 
"Cowgirl in the Sand" (hooper and oldrottenhead) 
"Cowgirl in the Sand" (Kody) 
"Danger Bird" (launched) 
"Field of Opportunity" (Pinedog) 
"Four Strong Winds" (guitar_on_bakk) 
"Harvest" (Geir) 
"Heart of Gold" (Applause) 
"Heart of Gold" (Greeny with Bluesberry on harmonica and 64Guitars on bass & slide) 
"Helpless" (Frank53) 
"Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black)" (Geir With 48 on smokin' hot guitar!)  
"Like a Hurricane" (Bluesberry) 
"Like a Hurricane" (ORH & Satchwood) 
"Like a Hurricane" (Satchwood's acoustic rendition) 
"My My, Hey Hey (Out Of The Blue)"  (Geir with Bluesberry on harmonica) 
"Old King" (Ted and Satchwood) 
"Old Man" (Greeny) 
"Only Love Can Break Your Heart" (Flash Harry) 
"Pocahontas" (Geir) 
"Powderfinger" (Ferryman_1957) 
"Powderfinger" (Ferryman_1957 - for collaboration) 
"Powderfinger" (Ferryman_1957 and Bluesberry) 
"Rockin In The Free World" (Bus Stetson) 
"Rockin In The Free World" (dwardzala) 
"Rockin' in the Free World" (Pinedog) 
"Star of Bethlehem" (Bluesberry) 
"Sugar Mountain" (facemask93) 
"The Needle and the Damage Done" (facemask93) 
"The Needle and the Damage Done" (Pinedog) 
"The Needle and the Damage Done" (SdC) 
"This Note's For You" (Bus Stetson) 
"Thrasher" (BluesBerry) 
"Too Far Gone" (Pinedog) 
"Winterlong" (Bluesberry) 

ps. BIG thanx to 64guitars for helping to make better links AND for finding more Neil from the past !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

The Reverend 48

There will be a limited edition Poster available with all the artists appearing listed...
A must for your wall ;D Names to be added after the event.......

Geir

That's great Mike! Hope to see your name there too !!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Bluesberry

What song are you going to do Mike?  Who else is ready to step up to the plate and expose their inner Neil?  Lets have some more... Really great poster.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bro

Quote from: 48 on May 30, 2009, 02:10:06 PMThere will be a limited edition Poster available with all the artists appearing listed...
A must for your wall ;D Names to be added after the event.......

You do some nice artwork 48!
If you loose track over a chord progression, play as fast as you possibly can. Nobody will know. Thats how they invented bebop.

Ferryman

Goodness, this one took off quickly while I was away. You forget me - I put myself up for a version of Powderfinger (see my post on the pre-warning thread).

Cheers,

Nigel

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman_1957 on June 01, 2009, 08:13:25 AMGoodness, this one took off quickly while I was away. You forget me - I put myself up for a version of Powderfinger (see my post on the pre-warning thread).

Cheers,

Nigel

Go for it Nigel! I jumped the gun a bit in my excitement and got this thing rolling prematurely (sorry Geir!!!!). I've waited a long time to record 'Heart of Gold' though, lol.

Bluesberry

Powderfinger, man o man I cant wait to hear that!  I think this whole Neilfest is just going to keep on rolling for the whole month of June, there are so many songs to play around with.  I also have waited a long time to try to record any of these songs that I have loved my whole life, this little Neilfest has given me the push I needed.  I have a couple more in the works right now, I am working on an acoustic "unplugged" version of "Like A Hurricane" and have started on Albuquerque.  I hope to get these two out this week (frigging work interfering with the really important things in life, arghhh!!) The floodgates have been opened, my inner Neil has been released, I can't stop now!!!!!!!!!

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Quote from: Bluesberry on June 01, 2009, 10:04:21 AM...and have started on Albuquerque...

Wow, and I thought nobody would come with a 10 foot pole of this one - I'll pick another..

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Geir

Quote from: Greeny on June 01, 2009, 09:05:57 AMI jumped the gun a bit in my excitement and got this thing rolling prematurely (sorry Geir!!!!). I've waited a long time to record 'Heart of Gold' though, lol.
no worries Tim  :) .. I think this fest was waiting to burst out anyway ... a lot of bottled up Neil around and I think there's more on the way ( Nigel, Satch, Mike,  Jim., Mark .....T ? ... .  )

and as I was typing this BB's announcing more :) :) :) anyone else ?... Kody? Tim? Pine? Face? Sdc? Hooper? ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........