October

Started by Flash Harry, October 02, 2020, 04:26:45 PM

Hook

Loved this tune very much. Spectacular in structure and development. Great vocal, Needs some deep bass though.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

AndyR

I LOVE this.

It is utterly utterly YUM.

Gorgeous chords, and then suddenly the half-spoke vocal.
Shivers down the back.

Don't touch it, don't do anything else to it...

Many years ago I had a Pickwick Procol Harum "best of" that had something like this on it. It has been one of my favouritest things ever since, but I hadn't heard it for years. I couldn't even find it on youtube... Recently I got the first three albums and finally found out it was an excerpt from "In Held Twas I" on Shine On Brightly, (it's the second half of the first part of In Held, Glimpses of Nirvana).

All those years it was "what's that piano and spoken word thing that makes me go "gosh!"???"

This one, I think, eclipses that one for me.

In fact - and I never do this usually - I've downloaded it... I love it that much.
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ferryman

Can only agree with everyone. Hauntingly effective, lovely piano part and great synth sound and atmospherics. The vocal is very effective, just adds to the mood. Loved it!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Farrell Jackson

I like the way this builds to fullness and yet, never gets too complicated. Your vocal is excellent here! Sad and delicious at the same time.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Groundy

Short, simple and Superb, love it, well done... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

AndyR

recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Johnbee

It is a beautiful piece.  Haunting and very October-like.  I think a more definite ending would serve better though, other than just fade out.
Just my $.02.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

StephenM

touching....my.....pain..... I'm a fan of hidden vocals... lovely track...frightening...not scary kind of frightening but like in what it emotionally uncovers...wow

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ted

"And we meet..."

At first I thought you said, "Angry meat..." which would have been another direction for the song. (Probably worthy of pursuing.)

This has a very retro feel, but I can't pin down the period. Maybe that part of the 1960s that wasn't discovering rock and roll. I'm imagining a dude with healthy sideburns, in a cardigan sweater, looking vaguely heartbroken in a wood-paneled study, flipping without interest through the pages of Popular Mechanics. Nailed it?

Well done!

Blackout Bump!

(Songs uploaded when I was particularly inactive on Songcrafters.)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

StephenM

I heard it several years ago and forgot this, how beautiful it is...now i downloaded it since it came back to my memory...
lovely song and worthy of hearing multiple times...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner