"A Song for the Seasons" Original song & video

Started by Johnbee, September 30, 2020, 07:21:31 PM

Johnbee

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

I wrote this song originally in 2017 and recently improved the vocal track but also redid a slideshow video that I made for it.  This has all of the improvements.  Some of the pics are from Pixaway stock but quite a few are from my own garden which my wife breaks her back every summer to make beautiful.  The song was produced in Cakewalk Sonar and uses Toontrack's EZ Keys and Native Instruments Session Strings Pro.
Hope you enjoy.

:) John B

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=I-uTfBtF6II

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

StephenM

1.  I thoroughly enjoyed that! 
2.  Your voice is unique!  I have heard thousands of songs... none sing quite like you.
3.  I like the video.  Interesting how you tied the music to photos of your life.
4.  I will show this to my wife, after which she will ask me why I don't write songs like this!  ha!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

A beautiful song John B. The video gives us snap shots of your life. You have a good voice and your music is always full of creativity. I specifically like the melody you've put to this music.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Hilary

I thought this was really moving and beautifully put together. I liked the photos of your garden too!

Uniquely yours, be proud.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

pjd1

Beginning is just fabulous , got me in first note , your vocal is just amazing , just incredible written and performed , i just love the chord structure and the way you have cleverly used the strings in the instrumental break , the recording is just perfect and well thought out , your piano playing is so professional and expertly laid down . Stunning

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Ray Brookes

A beautiful, emotive and reflective song. Vocals are first class, melodically weaving through those lovely chord progressions. Nicely arranged and lovely images too.
Ray Brookes

mdhastings

I really like your melodic line. Lots of movement.

Real nice arrangement that does great service to the song.

Johnbee

Hey, mdhastings, Ray, Dunny , Hilary, Farrel and Steve-
Thanks so much!!

:) JB

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

Redler

You really can create atmospheres via your music! So touching and beautiful. Nice pics on the video as well!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnbee

Quote from: Redler on October 04, 2020, 01:30:53 AMYou really can create atmospheres via your music! So touching and beautiful. Nice pics on the video as well!

Thanks so much, Red.

:) JB

-Duke Ellington