Started by Jean Pierre, September 29, 2020, 09:13:44 AM

Jean Pierre

SAMBA EM PRELUDIO new mix WAVE
Time:
0:00
Volume:
question to the admi
can we add Icon massages?
I couldn't find Brasil or world music or samba ....

I made a new mix and a new mastering for this song by Vinicius de Moraes (lyrics) and Baden Powell (music)...with the tools I'm using now (mainly plug ins Waves CLA Vocal and API 2500 and L2 Ultramaximiser on master track)
you can compare with the version I posted two years ago...

played with my Alan Garcia Torre classical nylon guitar and Melodica Hohner

If, like me, you are not fluent in Portuguese ;D ,  I have put the lyrics and the (approximate) translation in the scroll.

Eu sem você
Não tenho porque
Porque sem você
Não sei nem chorar
Sou chama sem luz
Jardim sem luar
Luar sem amor
Amor sem se dar
Eu sem você
Sou só desamor
Um barco sem mar
Um campo sem flor
Tristeza que vai
Tristeza que vem
Sem você meu amor
Eu não sou ninguém.
Ai, que saudade
Que vontade de ver renascer
Nossa vida
Volta, querida
Os meus braços precisam dos seus
Seus abraços precisam dos meus
Estou tão sozinho
Tenhos os olhos cansados de olhar
Para o além
Vem ver a vida
Sem você meu amor
Eu não sou ninguém

--------
Me without you
I don't have it because
Because without you
I don't know nor cry
I am a flame without light
Moonless garden
Moonlighting without love
Love without giving
Me without you
I'm just disaffection
A boat without sea
A field without flowers
Sadness that goes
Coming sorrow
Without you my love
I am nobody.
Oh, what a longing
What a desire to see rebirth
Our life
Come back, dear
My arms need your
Your hugs need my
I am so alone
My eyes are tired of looking
Beyond
Come and see life
Without you my love
I am nobody

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Ray Brookes

A lovely laid back Latin jazz number. That guitar sounds magnificent, the vocals are nice and smooth and I love those chord changes. Great work; well done.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

eu fallo um poco de portuguese....minha esposa e Brasilaida!   I speak a little portuguese (very little)...my wife is a Brasilian....and our two kids are half...lol my son has blonde hair and daughter looks much more european.... I have had the good fortune to travel a fair bit of Brasil and their music is grand.....
very nice piece here!  love the Hohner especially!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Jean Pierre

thank you guys...
I am an officionado de la guitare bresilienne dont j'adore les rythme et les accords de guitare...
Interessant Stephen ...je ne parle malheureusement pas le portugais et je chante donc en "phonétique"  :D demandez svp à votre femme si les paroles malgré mon accent sont compréhensible... j'ai une amie brésilienne (connue lors d'une mission Médecins Sans Frontière à...Gaza  qui m'a dit que mon accent etait bon mais j'ai bien peur que ce soit pour me faire plaisir
..et donc spécialement offert à votre femme ma version de ce grand classique "Corcovado " ici ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RW6HJQQpDw

...and thank you to admin to put the message Icon Brazil
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Jean Pierre

SAMBA EM PRELUDIO new mix WAVE-001
Time:
0:00
Volume:
BUMP!

I make this bump following a very interesting remark from a musician friend of mine to whom I sent the MP3 and who tells me
QuoteA small technical remark: there is an annoying resonance on the guitar which must be between 100 and 200 Hz, a little EQ and hop!
t

...and indeed !...I re-opened my reaper project file and I realized that the FX placed on the guitar plug was disabled (EQ and Reverb) I re-activated them and here is the result

I leave the corrected file HERE for those who wish to see the difference, then I will put it in the initial message.

Redler

Nice melanchol vibe...Excellent performance! Enjoyable listening!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Groundy

Nice one my friend, as always, you have always impressed with your music... Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs