Finding the right tempo before you touch the Micro BR

Started by Ted, May 29, 2009, 08:36:08 PM

Ted

I've found that sometimes I get into the BR and start trying to figure out the tempo, and before long I'm not sure whether I can remember what I was hearing in my head before I started.

So lately I've been using this tool:

You just tap any key on your keyboard along with the music you hear in your head, and it tells you the tempo.  Then you can take that tempo to your drum arrangement.  Usually I will adjust the tempo a beat or two faster or slower in order to be able cut the tempo evenly in half if I need to for some patterns.  (And I often do.)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

64Guitars

A useful site for Micro BR users!

You can do the same thing on any BR except the Micro BR by tapping the [TAP (TEMPO)] button at least four times. This will set the tempo according to your rate of tapping and display the BPM.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Kody

Yep, Tap Tempo + BR900 = MIRACLE!! 

Cool feature indeed!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Ted

Quote from: 64Guitars on May 29, 2009, 10:15:47 PMA useful site for Micro BR users!

You can do the same thing on any BR except the Micro BR by tapping the [TAP (TEMPO)] button at least four times.

Well I'll be damned!  I'm so old school I hadn't realized that "tap tempo" was such a common feature.  I should have known, though.  I just ordered this Zoom pedal, which has that feature.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

Quote from: Ted on May 29, 2009, 08:36:08 PMso lately I've been using this tool:

Thanx Ted !!

Tap- tempo should be on the next MicroBR !!! a most useful feature.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

AndyR

Thanks for that Ted. I have various devices that have tap tempo on them, but I'm finding often they're not switched on when I need it! The laptop invariably is :)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Tony

Thanks Ted.  I had an application for this once but it got lost in switching computers. I've bookmarked this one. It's nice and easy and it seems to work.