"From the Deepest of Lows" a Hook original for InstrumentalFest

Started by Hook, September 20, 2020, 12:34:18 PM

Hook

From The Deepst Of Lows
Time:
0:00
Volume:
InstrumentalFest (banner image missing)

So, my U-bass developed an issue and to my rescue comes a fellow songcrafter. On friday this amazing Ibanez Acoustic/electric bass showed up at my door.

It's incredible and I wanted to do a song played only on the bass, so all tracks are the bass. It's a liitle muddy but it is what it is.
1 main riff(stereo)
1 booming bass(stereo)
1 harmonics (stereo)
1 lead line
1 bass percussion
From the Deepest of Lows
written & performed by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

thetworegs

Excellent.... sounds a lot more than just bass's  its released something from down low ...you resurfacing Hook.... Bravo for songcrafters to the rescue

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ray Brookes

Gotta love that menacing bass sound! Interesting instrumental that would work well as a soundtrack in a movie (not a love scene though) I like the way you've constructed this around that lead riff and the production is spot-on. Great job; well done.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

Golly gee that is so cool...the sound... I am getting a few tears just thinking of how happy this made you ...and that makes me happy!  I would not have guessed the song is only bass if you hadn't said.... really great idea... and it sounds fantastic... love that section at 1:30 especially... and the drum tapping is perfect too

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

T.C. Elliott

I would never have guessed that main distorted bit was a bass guitar, but it sounds full and meaty which makes sense. The low end rumble is very nice, too.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Farrell Jackson

Very cool Hook! Some of those tracks do not sound like they came from a A/E bass...nice! This should be in the BassFest.

Bass on brother!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Oldrottenhead

i love songcrafters, this reminds me of a special day. i was bass guitarless and SE turned up at my door with a "spare" epiphone sg bass guitar "now deceased" the bass that is, I fucking love this place. and i know hook personally previously virtually but have met him in person.  A guid soul. I hab bin drinkum. Hic Burp Fart. please excuse my recent absynth new kitchen, house in uproar grist for the mill.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann