"Getting Better" a Hook original for IntrumentalFest

Started by Hook, September 13, 2020, 07:59:28 AM

Hook

Getting Better
Time:
0:00
Volume:
InstrumentalFest (banner image missing)

So, the name is for KennyMac. I figured I could at least try to be positive with my instrumentals. This is a progression I write on my Baritone Uke (low tuned), the drums are my cocktail kit recorded with the BR80 mics. Bass & synth pad are from ThumbJam app. The Sax, sine & organ are my EWI 5000 (electronic wind instrument).

1 main/arpeggio baritone uke (stereo)
1 rhythm baritone uke (stereo)
1 drum set (stereo)
1 bass(TJ)
1 synth pad(TJ)
1 sax(ewi)
1 sine (ewi)
1 organ (ewi)
Getting Better
written & performed by Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ray Brookes

Lovely cool jazzy number and those ukes sound so good. That sax sounds so authentic and the phrases are very tastefully played. Good job; well done.
Ray Brookes

Another excellent piece of work, a most enjoyable listen.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

Lovely bit of breezy jazz - I really enjoyed this. Those cymbals sound fantastic - nothing beats a real kit, miked up as you did. And the ukes blend so well with the EWI-played instruments. I was variously reminded at times of both Burt Bacharach and Ennio Morriccone - two of my absolute faves.

Top notch, Mr. Hook!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Kenneth

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

StephenM

nice piece here
...... this piece is easy to listen to...lots going on... I listenend 3 or 4 times while reading through some back whats ap posts...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

Gazing out over the gardenS through the window of the asylum starting to feel better noticing for the first time in a long while the blue sky ..,. Good one ????

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

StephenM

Quote from: thetworegs on September 14, 2020, 01:19:29 AMGazing out over the gardenS through the window of the asylum starting to feel better noticing for the first time in a long while the blue sky ..,. Good one ????
ha...i just went back to look at lyrics...oh yeah...its Reg

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ferryman

This is really good Hook, I love the drum playing. Great groove with nice swing and they sound great! A very cool track, loving the EWI and some very nice dynamics in there. Embrace the sunny side, it sounds very cool when you do!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR