Do you have one favorite all time song?

Started by StephenM, September 12, 2020, 06:47:19 PM

Ray Brookes

Almost impossible to put just one favourite up; but there is one song that has always stirred the blood in my veins since I was about 14 and that is 'On The Road Again' by Canned Heat, if only for Wilson's brilliant harp playing. Not the horrid Willie Nelson song I might add but the famous blues song that rolls along virtually on just one note underscored by a simple blues riff. Only thing is it now seems as though I have ignored about 50 great Beatles songs and almost as many Dylan ones. Oh well ....
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

In the same vibe as Ray Brookes: I wore out my Canned Heat albums.......my favorite song from that era was Going Up The Country. I loved the flute playing and feel goodness of the song.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

pjd1

Got to be Hotel California by the eagles, i can still recall listening to it for the first time in the shower at my mums home , could not wait to buy the album after that , and i was not disappointed at all by the whole album , every track a kiler , magical piece of music from the Eagles .

Dunny 
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Oldrottenhead

that is a hard question my favourite song changes all the time,howeverthis onegets my blood pumping every time i hear it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz6r0TP4FBI
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

StephenM

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on September 25, 2020, 05:18:52 PMthat is a hard question my favourite song changes all the time,howeverthis onegets my blood pumping every time i hear it

that is lovely and full of emotion... I will have to look for it in english also...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

Quote from: pjd1 on September 24, 2020, 12:53:45 PMGot to be Hotel California by the eagles, i can still recall listening to it for the first time in the shower at my mums home , could not wait to buy the album after that , and i was not disappointed at all by the whole album , every track a kiler , magical piece of music from the Eagles .

Dunny

an impressive Rock tune... i think the Eagles are the best American band ever.  I would not pick them as my favorite, although I love them.  I think however trying to be objective they would be #1.  That would be an interesting thread..... top 5 bands from each country....as in state your opinions on it.  I love these kinds of threads because I always get a few gems to hear that I haven't before and this has been no exception.  Hotel California probably is in the top 10 rock songs ever....maybe top 5.  Another good thread!!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Hilary

Ne me quitte pas - If you go away is the English version but the French one is so much better!

I can't think of a favourite one it changes by the hour but at this minute it's probably Almost Blue by Elvis Costello.
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

Here is Frank Sinatra doing it in English
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SUn4JqUTsA.                             
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

WarpCanada

One favorite song?  When I was twenty it would have been one thing, and when I was thirty, another, and at forty, another, and again at Fifty (my current age) it's different again.

Anyways, I think the greatest song of all time (according to me) is  Grace, Too by The Tragically Hip.  Also could be the theme song of my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d18UWu4dRv4

"Grace, Too"

He said I'm fabulously rich
C'mon just lets go
She kind of bit her lip
Geez, I don't know
But I can guarantee
There'll be no knock on the door
I'm total pro that's what I'm here for
I come from downtown
Born ready for you
Armed with will and determination