Roebuck

Started by Blooby, September 12, 2020, 04:55:21 PM

Blooby

Roebuck (224)
Time:
0:00
Volume:

Greetings.  I hope this post finds you all well.

This is something John and I have been futzing with, but we haven't fleshed it out completely with the vocals. Actually, I'm not sure what's here and whether we should chop it up into separate tunes. I did like the triplet hi-hat and off-kilter rhythm guitars in the two solo sections, though, so I thought I'd throw caution to the wind.

The title came from a new pedal from Danelectro (based on the old Ibanez Mostortion). I dig that tone.

Peace.

Blooby

StephenM

love the guitars alot...and I thought your homeowners blues was good.. well..you are in Gainesville and that would mean some great guitar players...this is a really excellent instrumental...lots of subtle changes and it gets better and better throughout...and the flute adds a touch of Marshall Tucker feel for a minute...nice work

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

kenny mac

Excellent track,I think you should keep it all together,don't cut up anything.
I found myself waiting for certain parts to come back in.
It works very well as an instrumental.
The lead runs about the 240 mark are outstanding.
Great stuff.

chapperz66

No - I wouldn't chop it down at all.  Sounding great as it is  - but I would love to hear some vocals on it as well.  Cool distortion sound and monster lead lines going on here.

Paul

Redler

What a nice instrumental song! So good job on each way. The flute(?) is icing on the cake.

You should add the festival icon on this, imo.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ella

Great tune! I love those silent parts but these changes makes it very interesting and perfect.

Hook

You rock brother, reminding of Robyn Hitchcock in some places for some reason. Totally dig & glad your making music brother, we need to get together!
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Always appreciated your music and this is no exception. For me, I would like to hear it with a vocal but it stands on its own very well as an instrumental.     Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

SE

This is so cool would  love to hear a finished tune a vocal, got some real ebb and flow. Love,in that guitar  solo too, great  listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ferryman

Really enjoyed this, IMO it definitely works best as one song. The changes work really well and the different feel gives the piece really nice dynamics and keeps it interesting. Love the chords and changes you used here, and the solo sections work really well, some very cool playing and tones. I like the fluty/synthy/Kaossilatory sound a lot.

The futzing worked great. A version with vox would be nice as well......

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR