?

Started by Theodorekidd, September 03, 2020, 01:45:53 AM

Theodorekidd

?
?

Greeny

None.

Getting on a plane in the middle of a global pandemic doesn't seem like the best idea. Stay local.

IanR

Quote from: Greeny on September 03, 2020, 02:44:55 AMNone.

Getting on a plane in the middle of a global pandemic doesn't seem like the best idea. Stay local.

Prior to the pandemic, Melbourne was the music capital of the World.

https://www.timeout.com/melbourne/news/its-official-melbourne-really-is-the-live-music-capital-of-the-world-041218

However now, the music scene has been decimated.

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Kenneth

Can't really add to the discussion as I barely know the differences between an a chord and a g chord. Also anxiety paralysis for public performance here, but during a worldwide pandemic,  I  recommend stay at home and record music to share.  You may be amazed at how talented the folks here are, even though they don't go out performing, are extremely humble despite their talents. All the best.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

T.C. Elliott

I, too, don't know much about other places. It seems the bigger cities have better response, but I think that is because there are more people concentrated so you're just playing the averages. Although a lot of places like Memphis and New Orleans have a good busking scene. I would say places with a big tourism industry would probably be best. People on holiday seem to be willing to spend a little more for street performers. At least that's been my limited experience.

And you alluded to the current travel ban/prohibition/hardship issue. I think it's still a good question to ask, though. Eventually the pandemic will be over one way or the other.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

TPB

Normally New Orleans was great as the Gulf coast Beach area's and Austin TX but the pandemic has shut things down pretty hard They have a program to hire musicians around here to deliver pizza and such to get starving musicians some money
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

T.C. Elliott

Quote from: TPB on September 08, 2020, 08:05:29 AM....They have a program to hire musicians around here to deliver pizza and such to get starving musicians some money
Tim

Q: How do you get the bass player off of your porch?
A: Pay for your pizza.

recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London