Started by Jean Pierre, September 02, 2020, 12:30:03 AM

Jean Pierre

MY rifle pony and me
Time:
0:00
Volume:
[UP DATE...I reposted the MP3 and the video we did together with Tommy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2If9jOMYkB0

For his friends  and for those who didn't know him.

i just listened to the bump of the song Good golly Miss Molly by Johnny Robbo and tommy knox
When I arrived on SC there were some exceptional personalities who challenged me, ... including FenderBender (Tommy Knox).
I loved his guitar sound (Fender!) typical of the 60's that always dripped pleasantly in my ears, his deep voice was also very endearing (Johnny Robbo said "I love his growly vocals too & that solo is pure Carl Perkins rockabilly heaven!").
...and his sense of humor (listen to his choristers "les Octavias "https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?action=Playall;u=2178
I had the pleasure to collaborate with Tommy on 3 tracks, he was always kind and attentive in these collaborations.
In this song we can appreciate his beautiful deep voice.

RIP dear Tommy
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Greeny

This is beautiful. And a lovely tribute to a true Songcrafters gentleman and legend.

TPB

It was my pleasure to  play on different collabs with Tommy over the years  One of those players that when the lead started you knew who was playing
Rest easy Brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ferryman

Beautiful JP and what a lovely tribute. RIP Tommy.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Yes indeed... a lovely tribute to Tommy JP.

R.I.P. Tommy
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Frank53

I never had the honor of collaborating with Tommy, but always loved his music.
This is a beautiful song, and a great tribute.

RIP Tommy
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

thetworegs

I thought I'd already commented on this ....must be my age ...an excellent tribute for Tommy

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Jean Pierre

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Groundy

Beautiful JP, Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing. I do miss my pal Tommy, My best pal I never met....Alex

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

If I had known i was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd of had another Beer last night...

https://www.reverbnation.com/redwoodlouis/songs

Jean Pierre

Following the listening of the song of Tommy (alias fenderbender on SC) that Ted made go up
I also bring up this song that we did with Tommy the newest among us who did not know him will be able in addition to his talents of guitarist to appreciate his voice