Internet Radio Stations

Started by Mike_S, August 31, 2020, 03:10:11 PM

Mike_S

So kinda related to Tangled Wires recent bit of radio airplay... you see a lot of online radio stations and I thought I'd have a peek at the website of one of them today that I listen to a bit. It's a blues radio station but I think part of a network that has a lot of different music stations. There was a page on the site for submissions where you can send your MP3's https://rock-radio.co.uk/vacancies/

Just thought I would ask what people think of this kind of thing? Sometimes you listen to these stations and they can have a mix of well known tracks in the genre and then some other tracks by obscure or unknown artists. Most of the stuff is usually pretty good but you do get a ropey one here and there... that gave me some hope... ha ha!! Not sure about my own stuff but maybe some people on here might benefit from submitting to a site like this for a bit of exposure... or is it not a good idea for any reason!?
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Hi Mike, I personally think it would be a great idea to submit songs to any genuine radio station; any fragment of exposure can not be a bad thing and certainly can not do any harm?
Ray Brookes

Greeny

I would say that anybody listening to our stuff can only be a good thing. I'm always slightly wary of most things related to music hosting or promotion though, because there always seems to be a commercial net they're trying to lure you into. And it doesn't seem to be that hard to get money from people desperate for exposure and recognition.

I had a pretty bad experience on Taxi.com which is 'supposed' to be the way for songwriters to get spotted / hired. It seems to be the pinnacle of taking money from hopeful / gullible people, offset by those who (apparently) 'make it'. I wrote about it at length on here quite a few years ago.

But if this is legit and free though, no issues. It can be very satisfying to know you've been 'listened to' in some way. Whether that's on local or national radio, or music streaming sites / radio stations.

StephenM

for me, the only thing I care about at all with my music is finding anyone and everyone who might like to hear my music and actually like it and enjoy listening to it....I was smart enough to figure out years ago this was not going to be a good way to make a living....so for me it is only about connecting people who like what I do....and that is what I like about SC so far.... a measure of appreciation....hell, I can't even get my own family to like or listen....my sister likes it and that is about it... I have learned to be ok with that and for me music is way different than most people, and I figure that is how alot of people are here too.....someone asked me the other day how I would feel if I turned on the Tv and heard someone playing a song of mine they had stolen and made a hit of?  I said, heck I would be totally honored...lol and then I would raise hell with them as to why I got no credit!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner