Started by bruno, August 28, 2020, 07:58:45 AM

bruno

Track 231 - 2020
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Its been a while....
Probably more than a year or more.
Hope you like. NB the intro and outro are on the flying V, which I just had to buy after the last Zoom call :-)

** should add, working from home with this lock down, my mind wanders, and I end up looking for stuff to buy. Stuff that I don't really need. The Harley Benton is surprising good for the £120 cost - however I really, really, really didn't need a flying V. Plus its a complete twat to play sitting down! Two new stomps, the EHX Hot Wax and the Wampler Pinnacle V2, into the Kemper clean amp. Been watching too many episodes of TPS and finding out how to stack distortion pedals. This stuff is bad for you... Also, I got around to applying the latest Kemper download, and they have included all kinds of new goodies, including some great delays and verbs, I no longer need the Stymon Volante!!! That is good. I picked up the Wampler second hand, it came yesterday and it must be said that this pedal is a beast.

On listening again - this is a little disjointed - although I haven't really done any music for a while, so takes a while to get in the groove. However, there are some nice progressions which may re-appear in the future. Need some thinking about ....
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

\m/ \m/...he's heavy and he's my brother! Excellent guitar work Bruno. The Flying V sounds so lush and creamy and the in-between has a cool sharp, edge to it. Well done and all around some fine guitar playing (and tones) Bruno!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

chapperz66

I've gone all multi media.  Listening to this whilst whatsapping.  And drinking beer.

Johnbee

You obviously know your stuff about guitars.  So refreshing to hear something with 2020 in the title that doesn't have to do with the C virus or the riots.  Sounds great.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ray Brookes

Ace guitar playing and excellent tone. This track would work as a soundtrack to a section in a movie IMO. Great work; well done.
Ray Brookes

Frank53

What everyone else said, about tone and performance. Thick and rich, with a nice touch. Love that riff at about 1:00.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Kenneth

Great tune, nice playing. There's some very tasty parts to this, and I  definitely would welcome them back any time.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

StephenM

I really like the guitar pan right lead @1:20...with the crunchy rhythm going on center....panning is a big reason I don't like mono or phones...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ferryman

This is really good Bruno, I rather like the "disjointed" nature of it, for example the aggressive chord changes that you first use around .40 (with something whiffling away in the background) sounds fantastic to my ear (and I love the whiffling....) and really makes you sit up and take notice. So the changes work for me as it gives the piece a lot of light and shade.

I really like your tones, the "smooth" lead reminded me a lot of Starless-era Fripp. You are clearly making good use of the Kemper and it really sounds good on the recording.

I would say this is a rather spiffing effort for someone that's getting back into the saddle, so to speak. I look forward to hearing some more!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

IanR

Hey Bruno,

Its really good to hear you whamping the Kemper and the new guitars sound great.

Ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One