Pocahontas And The Big White Chief

Started by Ray Brookes, August 25, 2020, 10:37:23 PM

tonyc

missed this one 1st time , how i dont know , this is a corker of a song everything sounds so good , the lyrics are superb , and you painted the picture as clear as day , loved it ray . cheers argh kid .....tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

What fabulous lyrics, the production is excellent and musicianship superb, I'm envious.
The Gobi Desert Canoe Club
recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Popped up again on the OTD jukebox... lovely tune

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Farrell Jackson

There are some amazing songs down the list of SC Members jukeboxes, and this is one of them. Your story is so descriptive, captivating, very sad and supported perfectly by the backing music. Well done again Ray!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Always great to a song from ray, even if it's not a new one. I remember this. Such great songwriting and music.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

hooper

A hand-painted masterpiece, a well-crafted exhibition of storytelling and entertaining to listen to. The music completely supports the story and without competing or getting in the way. Nice job and deserves extra credit for using the word 'idiosyncratically' in a lyric!
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Boss Micro BR
'If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?' - TSE

Mike Huntingford

Ray,

There is nothing I can say to adequately express my feelings about this song (technically and emotionally). As another said, THIS IS MASTER SONGWRITING, and your music reminds me so much of Gorden Lightfoot.

You should have a recording contract and be touring - a true diamond!

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Ron D Bowes

Reminds of the super singer songwriter Roy Harper. OK the voice is different, but the delivery and the song's story is very Harper. Well done Ray!!