is there any etiquette on here?

Started by StephenM, August 25, 2020, 09:28:41 PM

Kenneth

Oh, and be aware of posting while drinking! Har! It may sound funny, but it's amazing how stupid a person can get.  I learned that lesson a few years ago when I was going through some issues in my life. Once you send it out, you can't bring it back,  even if you didn't mean it. The morning after... oh boy!
Common sense, but people like me learn the hard way at everything.  :P
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

StephenM

Quote from: Frank53 on August 27, 2020, 07:13:34 AMJust another comment on etiquette...
In my past life here, I would always thank everyone for their comments, as I felt it was the polite and thoughtful thing to do. Since my return I am more hesitant to do so, as I sometimes feel like I am just bumping my own song back to the top. I know people (not here) who would intentionally reply or add comment to their song posts for that very reason. I'm probably just being to self conscious, but there it is.  :)

I tend to comment and recomment alot but not because of that reason....my sister calls me the commentator...about life in general....I will take this under consideration however....is there a way on here to reply to folks without every one else seeing it?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

64Guitars

Quote from: Stephen Moore on August 28, 2020, 11:30:50 PMis there a way on here to reply to folks without every one else seeing it?

Not as a forum post, but you can send a PM (personal message) to any member. These are private between you and the addressee(s). Just select "Messages" at the top of the page, then select "Send Message". Or click the PM icon () under a member's avatar to send that member a PM.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Hook

Again, as it has been said, the best way to thank someone is to listen and comment on one or more of their songs. Not many people are gonna even see a thank you on your thread, they already commented there and they are on to the next song. Commenting a thank you on your own post is just you bumping your song back to the top, let other people bump.your song. The more we listen and comment on others tunes, the healthier the site is.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Quote from: Hook on August 29, 2020, 02:20:15 AMAgain, as it has been said, the best way to thank someone is to listen and comment on one or more of their songs. Not many people are gonna even see a thank you on your thread, they already commented there and they are on to the next song. Commenting a thank you on your own post is just you bumping your song back to the top, let other people bump.your song. The more we listen and comment on others tunes, the healthier the site is.
Rock on!

Yeh bro
,I have said thanks a few times but as you say,and as im noe realising more,the best way to say thanks is by either personal messages or listen and comment on thier stuff.
Never really been a fan of the bump situation, theres jukeboxes of every ones stuff on here.
Rock on people.