is there any etiquette on here?

Started by StephenM, August 25, 2020, 09:28:41 PM

StephenM

I kind of read the rules but i was wondering if there was any etiquette i might be violating?  specifically is there anything about how many songs you can post in a given amount of time?  Some of you have been on here a long time... I don't want to tick anyone off....I really do like the site...lots of great music....thanks.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Hook

Doubt you will tick anyone off but its 2 songs a day.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

64Guitars

Thanks for asking. We ask that members post no more than two songs per day. And they should always be new recordings. We don't mind if new members post one or two older recordings to introduce themselves. But after that, all posts should be new recordings. The spirit of Songcrafters is very much in the present, not the past. We encourage our members to actively participate in the site by recording new material and posting it. If you're looking for inspiration and ideas of what to record, consider doing something for one of our festivals. The main idea behind the festivals is to inspire and challenge our members to create something new.

If you want to share your older recordings, the best way to do so is to provide a link to another site that's already hosting your music (Soundcloud, alonetone, ReverbNation, SoundClick, etc.) You can put this link in your Introduce Yourself message and/or in your signature. In fact, we have some signature icons for that very purpose. See the bottom section of this message. Oh, I see that you've already discovered this and put a ReverbNation icon in your signature. Well done!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Greeny

The reason Songcrafters is such a good place to be is that there aren't huge egos, rules and pedants flying around. It might technically be 2 songs a day, but nobody is going to be that hung up on it (in my experience). We were all new and excited at finding a community like this once, so we totally get it.

Personally, I have a rule of 1 song per week. The reason I do that is that I know how hard it is to catch-up on listening to everything if you miss a few days. The only exceptions for more than one a week are collaborations (which should always be posted immediately!), and very occasionally I might put an extra one on 'Covers' for a festival or something.

That means I only post about 15-20% of what I record!

But it's all good. Like 64 says, this place is all about driving new creativity and collaboration. Damn... the stuff I've learned in the last 13(?) years.

Frank53

Thanks for the clarification. Having been away for some time, I have a number of songs that have not been posted here before. I will avoid them, and stick to new (or very recent) material. I have stayed well away from 2 a day, because I know that it can be annoying, but have probably posted more often than I should since my return. I shall endeavor to do better in the future.  :)
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

kenny mac

I think its important that you listen and give support and comments to other peoples work.
We do occasionally get people that drift in and out to let us hear their work and never comment on other songcrafters work.
I find this egotistical and bad form to be honest but sometimes these people dont realy get that its a site of other songcrafters who help one another and listen and comment on other peoples work.
Thankfully we dont get people like that often.
Its good manners to give other songcrafters comments on the body of work they create as well.
It is probably the friendliest site on the net.
Like greeny says ,no egos.
Just good people.

alfstone

Quote from: kenny mac on August 26, 2020, 12:48:22 PMI think its important that you listen and give support and comments to other peoples work.
We do occasionally get people that drift in and out to let us hear their work and never comment on other songcrafters work.
I find this egotistical and bad form to be honest but sometimes these people dont realy get that its a site of other songcrafters who help one another and listen and comment on other peoples work.
Its good manners to give other songcrafters comments on the body of work they create as well.
Just good people.

Standing ovation!
Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

StephenM

Quote from: kenny mac on August 26, 2020, 12:48:22 PMI think its important that you listen and give support and comments to other peoples work.
Just good people.

I believe you are right...I can already see that going on in the week or so I have been on...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

thanks everyone for the input... I think I'll never be able to keep up with all the great work that goes on here...having said that i am already a big fan and have folder with SC stuff in it that I can listen to off line and that way I can give better feedback too...I really like the site so far...I was thinking maybe we could start a SC internet radio station...Anyone ever thought of something like that?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

StephenM

Quote from: Greeny on August 26, 2020, 09:53:54 AMThe reason Songcrafters is such a good place to be is that there aren't huge egos, rules and pedants flying around. It might technically be 2 songs a day, but nobody is going to be that hung up on it (in my experience). We were all new and excited at finding a community like this once, so we totally get it.

Personally, I have a rule of 1 song per week. The reason I do that is that I know how hard it is to catch-up on listening to everything if you miss a few days. The only exceptions for more than one a week are collaborations (which should always be posted immediately!), and very occasionally I might put an extra one on 'Covers' for a festival or something.

That means I only post about 15-20% of what I record!

But it's all good. Like 64 says, this place is all about driving new creativity and collaboration. Damn... the stuff I've learned in the last 13(?) years.
I'd be doing good to get one recording a month done....lol..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24