Boss Katana

Started by Kenneth, August 22, 2020, 06:46:03 PM

Kenneth

Picked up a Katana 50. Love it. Anyone own one?
Pic below.

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Hilary

Looks nice (sorry don't know a thing about guitars) but I'm looking forward to hearing it  :)
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

nice looking amp, can't wait to hear what comes forth from it. Nice guitar too. what is the guitar?
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Farrell Jackson

Kenneth, I don't own one but I've read many good reviews on The Katana series amps. I've also some seen some great video demos of it. It seems to be a versatile amp that can give you the O.D. tube crunch as well as crystal clear sparkle sounds. Nice purchase and I look forward to hearing it in one of your songs!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Kenneth

Thanks guys. It was suprising how inexpensive it was for what you get. And it has an apartment setting for those with neighbors close by.
That's the amp recorded on "The road is straight and true ". 2 tracks, 1 picked fast, the other slower strummed with the onboard tap delay to the song beat. Crunch channel.

James, that guitar is a kit guitar that a local put together,  made of "reso glass". The body is basically fiberglass   and the neck attaches to a piece of wood that runs down the middle.
It has ,( I believe) pickups from "Guitar Fetish " in the states, and they are actually pretty good. I  don't own it , the guy who made it does, I  just had it for a week  to play with,  unfortunately. Wish I  could afford an actual Supro.

Ferryman

The Katana range gets nothing but good reviews, so I don't think you can go wrong. But we can only tell from recorded music...... ;)

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

cuthbert

I've heard really good things about the Katana amps - congrats, Kenneth! Also, that Supro clone looks fabtastic...
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Kenneth

Thanks guys.

Nigel, I just had to keep your quote below, I literally lol'd!  ;D

Greeny

Thought that was a Supro, zoomed in on the headstock and was left wondering! Then read your comment. That is one fine looking guitar. I'd love that in my collection. I'd be a dick and give it red knobs or something though, lol.

The Katana seems to be universally revered: Boss apparently got it so right that it's the best and most versatile amp for the money you can buy. If I were after a new amp I'd be straight there.

So that's a very sweet combo you've got.

kenny mac

Ive got the Katana artist,wish I had owned it when I was gigging.
Its something else.
Turned up it could rip the balls of a charging rhino at 50 paces.
I keep it low,I like rhinos,and living in my neighborhood.
Nice one ken we should rock out a Katana tune soon.