The Practical Gardener - AndyR Original (Remastered)

Started by AndyR, August 10, 2020, 03:04:54 AM

Kenneth

Wow!
This is great Andy.  Total pro track. Everything about it, the recording,  vocals, playing- killer.

Looking at it say from a person who doesn't record music, ( I  try to imagine how my wife hears it).. you would say, "what album is this on"?
Yea, rambling here because the thoughts are not coming to me at this early hour, but I'm  feeling the power and emotion.  You know your "stuff"!
Terrific track.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

SE

Wow great stuff, pro quality writing,  musicianship  and recording. Apart from all that, it's very distinctive, just a great listen!
recorder
Boss BR-80

tonyc

as somebody mentioned , very pink floyed , great gritty vocals , sounds superb . worth another listen fantastic work andy .  cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

pjd1

WOW  very powerful music and story ,with killer guitar and vocals , played through my system it sounds truly inspiring to say least , very professional recording , and i just love when the guitar comes in with the vocals on top as well , you are a talented songster and muso Andy , Loved it Brilliant

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

chapperz66

Another stunner Andy.

Yes - I definitely get the hints of Floyd and Anderson - but just to throw another one in there - perhaps a hint of Muse?  But stunningly you of course.

Brilliant.

Paul

AndyR

Quote from: chapperz66 on August 22, 2020, 06:08:30 AMAnother stunner Andy.

Yes - I definitely get the hints of Floyd and Anderson - but just to throw another one in there - perhaps a hint of Muse?  But stunningly you of course.

Brilliant.

Paul

I was commenting on Frank53's Long Shadows, suggesting I get a Procol Harum vibe, and then I remembered how I laughed when I saw this comment Paul!!

I know of Muse. I think my niece, now in her 30s, is/was into them. And once, on a car journey, we (me and Mrs R) had them played to us by my sister cos she happened to have her daughter's CDs in the car (but she proceeded to talk over it so I couldn't really concentrate!)

But I have no real idea what Muse is like or what they do. All I have at the moment is that I know they're something I would probably like if I started looking into them, and they're "on the list" for one day...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Ray Brookes

Great work, Andy. This is an epic rock experience with stellar production techniques in play. The whole arrangement of the song with the light and shade passages is excellent too and a great vocal performance is the icing on the cake.
Ray Brookes

funkyaxe

Just love this. The dynamics are incredible and so effective. The guitar solo is off the scale -  love it.

Andy ( funkyaxe )

StephenM

Been about a year since this one came out and just before I joined SC

When i first heard this I wasn't that crazy about it....but I have learned that many times those are the ones I will end up liking the most...I downloaded this and added it to my SC thumbdrive that I listen to often driving in the car...sometimes on trips for hours at a time...
I heard this again today and the more I hear it the more I like it...it's a massive track and to think the whole thing was recorded and mixed on the BR1600....that is impressive work Andy...this is a bit like a lost PF track.. it's just that big and that good...
admittedly I don't get to listen to alot of Andy's work because most of is linked to a site I cannot get on at work and that is where I listen to alot of music...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner