Silver Nights Golden Days

Started by boneonbone, August 08, 2020, 07:50:27 PM

boneonbone

Silver Nights Golden Days
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's a new one just finished up where we traded in our CSNY vibe for a bit of Sergio Mendez....sort of.  Lots of acoustic guitar, piano and  a dash of djembe drum and maracas.  Hope you'll have a listen.

Silver Nights Golden Days        ©2020   

Moonlight's halo all around
Casting silhouettes upon the ground
Just bright enough to show the way
Through silver nights and golden days

Sun warmed earth beneath my feet
Slows my rhythm in the summer heat
I miss you when you go away
Those silver nights and golden days

Eyes twinkle like stars
Smiling like the moon
Embrace of the sun
My favorite tune

No letting go or questions why
The answers lie beyond the summer sky
Love is love and come what may
In silver nights and golden days

Take your time, let it in
Listen to the voice within

Eyes twinkle like stars
Smiling like the moon
Embrace of the sun
My favorite tune

Living out this fantasy
That you will always be right next to me
We're all just actors in a play
Silver nights and golden days
Silver nights and golden days.
"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

Frank53

This is awesome. Love the Latin feel and the chord progression. Cool, relaxing lyrics fit the music. Nice work!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

AndyR

Oh yes, very cool vibe.

Gorgeous sounds and vocals.

And those guitars...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ferryman

Very different from your usual style and beautifully done. Lovely vibe, great percussion and really nice guitar and vox. Very nicely recorded and produced as well, it's got a lovely smooth overall feel.

Mind you, I had to get past the Segio Mendes reference  ;) Growing up, Sergio Mendes was associated with my parents' record collection, music centres and cheese and pineapple on sticks. Fortunately I'm older now and can appreciate this style of music without being reminded of the early 70s!  :D 

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Greeny

Beautifully done. I do like a bit of Brazilian Bossa Nova flavour. The production on this is immaculate - love how clear and intimate that guitar sounds, and the doubled guitar part is just gorgeous. A lovely, relaxing listen.

Redler

What a gem! Very laid back bossanova music and I agree with Sergio Mendez comparison - I have a few songs by SM on my mp3 player...

You have done excellent job on each way. Special thanks for the piano additions. Everything is on balance here....I'm on my second listening.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR