home by jemima's kite

Started by Oldrottenhead, May 28, 2009, 02:28:32 AM

Oldrottenhead

Home T1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
another new one, the usual story tim(greeny) created the tune, jim(orh) wrote and sang the vox, mike(flash harry) iced the cake with sublime bass as per usual, voila.

the lyric to this one was inspired by a text i got from tim along the lines of shit day at work but it'll soon be the weekend. this one was done pretty quickly and i wanted to redo vox, bit of sinus probs yesterday and at 1.47 you can hear my dog trying to get in the kitchen, but the bass is on it now, so this looks like the finished article, but if you know us we might tweak it lol.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

launched

Hey Hey - Liked this one. I'm a fan of your higher register ORH - sounds great. Tight and crisp guitar and bass playing Greeny & Flash!!

Awesome - bravo!!

Later,

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

lg

Sounds good to me!
It don't need no tweaking....
Guitars sound Great!
Bass is beautiful, and the lyrics are sung nicely.
Why re-do it?
You guys have got a magical combo going there.

LG
nothing is real... So theres nothing to get hung about!

OsCKilO

Love the ORH range.....!  Sounds like a different person!

I agree with LG (Hello again by the way....Where you Been?) and Mark.......

Sounds Great!

But you Know Best!

Peace

T(Osckilo)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Flash Harry

I like this one. When I got the guitar track from Tim I tried to put some bass to it and failed. ORH's melody gelled it for me and then I could do it. It took about 30 minutes noodling and then about 10 takes to get it right. I videoed the evidence for ORH to do his vidiwizardry with it. Watch this space!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Geir

aaaaahhh that I can enjoy ...
close the door ...
turn off the light....
volume up to 5.5 ...
close my eyes .... and ..
hit play again
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

The Reverend 48

You guys amaze me you seem to be firing these gems out so quickly its sickening ;)
Another one for the xplod in the car 8)
I just don't know how you do it! (unless this is the last 10 years back catalogue ;D)

AndyR

Cool  8)

I thought it's time to catch up with the listening so I don't waste the weekend's recording time!

I came in here first because I've got a song called Home from '96 or '97 that I'm thinking of recording - luckily we got completely different subject matter, style, and, er, everything...  ;D

The only thing in common is I just realised how emotive the word "home" is when used in a song. First listen it just washed over me - lovely backdrop of guitars, and that bass is perfect (I know exactly what you mean Flash, about not being able to come up with a bass part until there's something there sometimes).

But then second listen I started paying attention to meaning, and that "home..." creates the shivers down the neck that singing "home..." on mine used to cause me (and I could see the audience "longing" as well if I got it right...). That word is really powerful.

And like osckilo says - you've got an amazing range of voices, orh, it's through listening to your tracks that I've finally managed to break out of trying to consistently "sound like me" on recordings - I'm not sure how I ended up there, I think it's a hangover from trying to get famous many years ago - the singer "ought to have a recognisable identity" kinda thing - but when I'm just messing around, I have all sorts of voices I can use. Maybe if I'd used them back then I'd have actually ended up with an identity!!  :D

On the collaboration front - I must admit I'm still amazed at how you guys manage to consistently hit the mark creating songs together in this long-distance manner.  :)

Fine track guys - listened to it three times now...

(I'm not gonna listen to many if I spend this much time on each, am I?!!)
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Oldrottenhead

QuoteBut then second listen I started paying attention to meaning, and that "home..."
there are words that mean so much, words like home, durty, sometimes, perhaps and whit     ,
it makes sense to me,

sense thats anither wan,

but some words and phrases can paint a picture lalala
away tae yer bed orh,   
naw im trying tae explain sumthin

well stoap talking shite then

naw
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

You Pished again there.....?

Durty Man!!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy